Wednesday, February 20, 2013

An end of an era-goodbye blog

After much frustration over the past few month of my blog having no storage space and with me learning new ways to go around that (which take far too long in my opinion), I have decided to shut this blog down.
My blog has always been private and private means you don't get too many readers. Readers shouldn't matter, but when my blog is open to readers I feel like I should be getting lots of comments. I have tried to keep my blog going for my scrapbook and family history purposes, but I have noticed this year fewer and fewer blogs being written and even fewer people actually reading blogs. I appreciate those who have commented and validated my feelings or made comments about my pictures. It made blogging fun, but the lack of comments would sadden me sometimes. I know we are all busy so take this opportunity to have one less blog to read. You can thank me later. :)
We all have our roles. I am a mother, a wife, a friend, a housekeeper, an entertainer, a nurse, and a taxi driver to name a few things. I often feel like I'm failing in one or all of these roles at any given time. I can't seem to catch up on my to do list. And my to do list is not even that long or complicated. It is just day to day things that I barely cross off these days.
Having a baby has really complicated my time for reading blogs and/or writing them. I have a small window to get anything done. So for now I am not a blogger. I would love to be but this stage in my life will not allow for it anymore. And besides we have Facebook and Instagram and Pinterest so who needs blogs, right?
I will continue to write a blog, but it will be private to only me and it will become mostly my journal. I will write in it when I feel I need to and not feel the pressure to keep it up to date (one can hope right?). I have started it with another account so I have all new storage space and maybe pictures will  upload fast again. Fingers crossed. I will continue to write and document things for my family. They really love to look back at the books that I make. So for now, goodbye little blog. It's been real.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I totally understand. However I will miss your blog. Love you!

Trista said...

I will miss you as well. If you ever start up again, let me know. Because FB and pinterest don't stay; blogs do!

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

You probably won't see this comment if you don't blog anymore. But I will miss your blog, there were only a few that updated regularly and you were one of them. I too have wanted to cut out my blog so many times, but I was silly and decided to consider it a journal and make a personal progress project out of it. So I need to keep it up for a while longer, but who knows how long. I say good for you for deciding to make your life a little simpler. But like someone else commented, if you ever come back let me know for sure.

Tia said...

I've also enjoyed reading your blog. :) It really is hard to keep up with everything. Especially with a baby!