Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines

Valentines is one of those silly holidays. We have quite a few silly holidays in my opinion. However with kids, holidays become more fun. This year I decided to embrace Valentines and we all had a lot of fun.
Brooklyn had fun making valentines for her friends. She also made valentines for each member of her family. She did have a little expectation of something in return though. We all gave each other a little something so it worked out. Nothing cost too much money though so it was fun.
Marty gave the girls fingernail polish and then he painted their finger and toenails. He's a pretty awesome guy! I've decided the reason we have girls is because Marty is much better at doing "girl things" then I am at doing "guy things". The girls loved it!
We had fun making sugar cookies!
Brooklyn loves frosting!
Eliza didn't want to decorate, but did want to lick the frosting off the cookies!
A whole plate of yummy!
Marty and the girls gave me these flowers. Love daisies and roses!
I had to take pictures of Brooklyn's valentines to everyone because they were so cute. This one was made for me during Super Bowl Sunday when I fell asleep.
Brooklyn drew this picture for Marty. This is Marty under one of Brooklyn's favorite things, Rainbows!
And this is the back of his paper. It's Marty and James Bond (Marty loves the movies).
This one is my favorites. She drew this very quickly all by herself. It's for Eliza. She wrote the letters "YRIMH". She tries to sound out the first letter of each word so when we asked her what she wrote she said "You Are in my Heart". Too cute! Where does she come up with this?
When Marty looked at this he said "wow, Brooklyn already understands the texting language". Haha!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate. I love that Brooklyn made everybody valentines. She is all heart. And I LOVE to see Marty playing it up with the girl stuff. What a great dad.

Liz said...

Those are such cute valentine's. Brooklyn is a good artist and really good with letters. I'm glad you had a good valentine's, ours was very lame. Not much celebrating here, Alex wanted sugar cookies all week, but I didn't have the energy to do them.

Mindy said...

I love it! I love that she wrote "Angie" on your valentine, so cute! And look at Marty painting toes like a pro! :) YRIMH cracks me up! :)

Erin said...

I agree that Valentines is a bit silly, but it is fun with kids. Brooklyn's valentines are so cute. Does she always call you and Marty by your names istead of mom and dad?

Holli said...

I love that Marty did the nails, that is awesome! I love Brooklyn's valentines, so cute! It is a dumb holiday, but why not take the one alloted day to have fun with love? Kids love it, let them be kids and just have fun....life is too short!

Border Collie Lipstick said...

Awe, that is so sweet of Marty to take such good care of his girls. It is adorable that Brooklyn wrote the V's to "Angie" and "Marty" rather than mom and dad. I think that Marty is right on about the texting thing :)

Tia said...

YRIMH is the cutest thing ever!

(And P.S. I'm with you on the silly holiday thing. Why do we have to have them?)