Happy Chinese New Year! I try to remember this day every year in honor of my time teaching English in Taiwan. It's hard to remember though because it's a Lunar holiday so the day changes every year.We decided to make a craft in honor of the day. It's the year of the dragon so I suggested to Brooklyn she draw a dragon. She said she didn't know how to draw a dragon to which I replied "neither do I". Next thing I knew she was showing me her drawing. I thought she did amazing!
Then we turned her drawing into a Chinese lantern and decorated it with stickers.
Eliza scribbled mainly and added a few stickers, but loved her lantern. She wasn't too happy about taking a picture with Brooklyn, but willingly smiled while hiding in the corner.
I thought their lanterns fit well with our Chinese decor. We also enjoyed some "Chinese" food for dinner. Basic noodles really, but it was fun. Brooklyn dressed up in her Chinese dress for a bit, but I wouldn't let her eat in it so it didn't last long. Hope everyone took the time to celebrate!
Monday, January 23, 2012
Chinese New Year - The year of the Dragon
Posted by
Angie
at
9:40:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is so fun that you celebrated, the lanterns are adorable!!
Cool lanterns.
Good idea! The kids have been celebrating in school and they have told me all about what their symbol is for their year. We need to get into celebrating it more, my brother served his mission in Taiwan and makes awesome food. Next year lets have a Chinese new year ward function :)
Post a Comment