Saturday, January 7, 2012

Sunbeam & CTR5

The start of a new year means things change at church! Not only does the time change (we went from 1 pm to 9 am this year), but our kids move up a class. Eliza left Nursery behind and became a Sunbeam! We talked this up to try to prepare her for the switch. She was excited to be a part of Brooklyn's class (meaning Primary). Sunday was her first day and she was ready! This is until Sacrament meeting ended and it was time to go to class. She told me she would rather go to Nursery. Most of the new Sunbeams were a little nervous. They sat on the front row of the chapel and everything looked so big to them. Eliza was willing to sit next to her friends. However, I was told she shed a few tears after we left. Fortunately for us (and her) she has an older sister. Brooklyn came to the rescue and came up and sat next to her until she calmed down. Then everything was fine. I had no idea this happened until after church. How I wish I were a fly on the wall to witness that! I love when my kids are sweet to each other.
After church, Eliza was ecstatic! She loved Sunbeams! She wore her "necklace" all day and a few days later. Her new teachers are Sister Sandy Bryant and Sister Ada Ragsdale.
Brooklyn moved up from CTR4 to CTR5. She wasn't worried at all. She wondered who her new teachers (Sister Lynn Laird and Sister Jules Stratton) would be, but the kids in her class are all the same.
She was most excited by her CTR sticker and CTR ring. She posed like this. Love it! It's crazy to think I have two kids in Primary!

5 comments:

The Mom said...

I saw it happen. Eliza was sobbing, so they waved Brooklyn up. She came up and sat by Eliza, who immediately stopped crying. It was so sweet! They are so lucky to have each other.

Primary is so scary for those little kids! Glad she did fine after that!

Jessica said...

I'm so excited for your girls. Although I was a little sad that Eliza left nursery. Rachel is always so happy to see Eliza.

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

Oh my, I finally have time to catch up on blogs. I can't believe how much you've posted since I last checked your blog. Great temple square pictures, the temple really looks amazing.
It's great you remembered to get the first Sunday in primary for Eliza. I never think about that. I am so excited for Camberlyn to get to know some new girls, she really needs more play dates to learn how to share better and have girls to play with. Hopefully, primary continues to go well for her.
I hope your 2012 goes considerably better then last year!

Unknown said...

Sounds very familiar...Rueger was sad to and wanted his "brober" there to sit next to him then he was just fine. Then when he went into his class i heard him crying in the hall but they said he calmed right down. This last week he did just fine! Crazy to think they are 3 already :(

Holli said...

It's weird Tyler and Eliza both moved into primary, I forget how close in age they really are. I am with Elza, I would way rather be in nursery! They look cute in their dresses (we have that one too) and I liked Brooklyn's CTR pose :)