Monday, November 5, 2012

Carving pumpkins

We carved pumpkins for FHE the Monday before Halloween (October 29th). The girls had been begging us to do this for weeks and didn't understand why we had to wait until it was closer to Halloween despite us telling them why. 

We had fun with Uncle Dan who came down to have dinner with us. He hadn't carved pumpkins in years so he enjoyed himself too.

 Brooklyn wanted to do this all by herself this year.

 Every time I do this I remember how much work it really is! I ended up doing most of Eliza's and was exhausted before I even got to mine, but I finished it nonetheless.
We like to do a pumpkin for each person (sorry, Lincoln didn't get one this year. We were too tired). Eliza's is Mickey Mouse, Brooklyn's is Tinkerbell, mine is the little goblin, and Marty's is the skeleton.
 Marty had fun taking lots and lots of pictures of the pumpkins outside.



It's a fun tradition we enjoy!

2 comments:

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

Lovei them, they look great!

Mindy said...

wow, you guys to FANCY pumpkins! ours are always pretty simple. I'm impressed!