Monday, November 26, 2007

Christmas Lights

We used to be the type that wouldn't turn on our Christmas lights until December 1st, but this year we turned them on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I try to at least let Thanksgiving be Thanksgiving and not have any Christmas decorations up until it's over so I guess it's ok.

Marty put the lights up on Saturday. He loves to get on the roof. He used to roof before his mission so he feels at home up there.
Brooklyn and I watched him put the lights up, but she really wanted to be with her daddy so Marty took her up on the roof as well. You can only imagine how scared I was to watch my 20-month old get up on the roof!
She loved it though and didn't want down. Here's a picture of the finished product. Brooklyn still calls the reindeer a dog. I keep trying to explain the difference, but she doesn't care. To her, it's a dog!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Yay for your blog! I'm so happy you have joined the club!

Charlotte D said...

Hi Angie, your house looks great! I can only imagine how scared you were to have little Brooklyn up on the roof. But if she is anything like Marty it won't be a problem for her. I am sorry that we did not get to see you this Thanksgiving, but I thought I would let you know that we missed you. Hope to see you soon!

Love ya- Charlotte

Ashley said...

Fun Christmas lights! Way to get into the holidays! I am excited you are blogging, hopefully we can keep in touch better. I also loved your story about Brooklyn falling off the chair into the Caesar salad. Really, it wasn't a big deal. But, it was great to see you guys!