Thursday, November 29, 2007

Inexpensive Toddler Fun!

Brooklyn and I went shopping the other day and decided to stop in at the Pet Store to allow Brooklyn to see some of the pets inside. We had so much fun! This was almost better than the zoo because we got a nice close up few of things.
Brooklyn loved the cats and the gerbils. I would have never thought my daughter would have loved the gerbils, but she was laughing and laughing while they ran around those silly wheels. She also saw fish, birls, lizards, mice, hamsters, guinea pigs, but sadly no dogs were in the store this time. Which is actually a good thing for the dogs because I was feeling bad for those cats that were up for adoption. Too bad I'm not a big fan of pets in my house or I might have just saved one. I'm sure one day Brooklyn will talk me into a cat, but not right now.
So now that I've shared an idea with you, does anyone have any other great ideas to do with toddlers? Especially during the winter months to get us out of the house. Any ideas would be great! Thanks!

2 comments:

Terry Bytheway said...

This works for Sabrina, but I'm not quite sure if she's an anomaly. Anyway, we just take her to Wal-Mart or Target and let her play with the toys. She has a blast! But she's also really good at leaving w/o buying anything. Again, not sure this is normal.

Terry Bytheway said...

Sabrina also likes playing computer games--great ones at sesameworkshop.org and fisher-price.com