I used to love when the time changed at church. I never loved 9 am or 1 pm. I always thought 11 am was the best time! We've lived in this ward for almost 5 years and never had 11 am, until this year. I was so excited until I experienced yesterday. Having a kid changed my mind. I love 9 am! I'm tempted to change wards each year so I can stay with 9 am. :) It was nice to just get up and get to church and have it done. Plus, it doesn't mess with someone's nap time.
I need some help figuring out how to do this 11 am time schedule. Brooklyn was up at about 8, which is normal for her. So we ate breakfast and played around. She kept saying "Nursery", but we just had to wait. I tried to get her to eat again before we left, but she had no interest. So then we get to church and she ate during the entire Sacrament meeting! I kid you not, she ate and ate! It seemed like everyone was looking at me like "why do you let your child eat during Sacrament meeting?" I know everyone has their own opinions on this, but I was worried she would be hungry and horrible in Nursery so I let her eat.
So here's where I need the help! What do you do for a kid's lunch when your church is at 11 am?
We also had issues with falling asleep when we finally got home, but that's a different issue entirely!
Monday, January 7, 2008
Church time change
Posted by
Angie
at
9:13:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hear you!!! We went from 9:00 to 1:00 and Easton was a bear at church. I couldn't get him to nap in the morning before church but he did eat lunch before we left. Right about nursery time (2:00 nap time) the inner bear came out and I had to go get Scott. All while I was trying to do singing time and the lesson. I hadn't seen him act like that forever. I need help too! :)
(This is Trista)
Kids can eat during sacrament meeting, period. When is her usual lunch time. You can always heat up a hot dog, cut it up, and feed it to her between sacrament meeting and nursery (because it smells). Or try a quesadilla--those are pretty good not warm. PB sandwiches are good if not gooey (we sit in the back on hard chairs so no biggie). But really, it's just one day a week. Don't expect too much from yourself or Brooklyn.
Post a Comment