I noticed that many of my friends wrote on their blog about President Hinckley passing away. I hadn't actually thought about it until I saw the other blogs, but I thought it would be a good idea so I can have this recorded in my history. I should really just go write in my journal, but this will have to do for now.
One friend mentioned that we would all remember where we were when we heard he passed away. It's true, it's one of those moments in our lives that we won't soon forget. Sure, I may not remember the exact date, but I'll remember where I was and how I felt.
For me, I was at a friends house (the Bairs) having dinner. We were playing the game "Catch Phrase" when the phone rang and Jen came out saying "President Hinckley just passed away". No one believed her so we tried to look online and, of course, ksl.com was too busy to get anywhere. Then the phone rang again and a second person confirmed it. It's crazy how no one believed it at first. It's almost like we should have known a few days prior to him passing away that he wasn't doing well. He was like a family member to so many of us. We all knew it was coming, but never wanted it to actually happen.
I'm glad that he was able to have his family around him as he left this life to meet his family on the other side of the veil. I'm sure it was a glorious reunion with Marjorie and everyone else. I even pictured my friend, Chuck, who passed away several years ago as one of the many people there to meet him and hug him.
President Hinckley influenced my life by his example. I never met him personally, but he was at a regional conference at the Tabernacle that I attended when I was a teenager. When he walked in, everyone stood and sang "We thank thee, Oh God, for a Prophet" and I'll I could do was cry. He carried such a power and spirit about him. Of course, I wouldn't expect anything else, but it was a privilege to be in his presence. Just looking at his picture right now brings a smile to my face and fills me with the spirit.
I'm grateful for all he has done for our world and all he can do now that he is reunited with our Father in Heaven. He will be missed, but now he has other work to do! I'm sure he is so happy!
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
President Hinckley
Posted by
Angie
at
1:54:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment