Can I just say that there is nothing quite like a funeral to put life in the proper perspective! Marty and I attended a funeral today for a lady in our ward, April Dalton (look up her obituary in the newspaper, if interested...she was a neat lady!). We weren't super close with her or anything, but as she was part of our ward, it was like losing a family member. She was always around us and involved with everything. I attend a recipe exchange group in our ward and she was always there sharing some great recipes. She was just a familiar face that I enjoyed seeing places. Plus, she was always so friendly and generous. I don't know how else to describe it, but she touched my life!
She was only 52 years old and had three sons. Two of her sons talked today as well as her husband. They said some wonderful things about her (of course), but one son reminded us of what he learned from his mom. He learned to put family first, to enjoy life, to serve others, and to have a testimony of the gospel. These are very simple things, but are easy to forget. I'm grateful to April for the life she lived and for her funeral today to remind me what life is all about!
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Funerals
Posted by
Angie
at
10:25:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment