I had a doctor's appointment today. I'm 12 weeks along now so I was finally able to hear the heartbeat for the first time. I was really excited about this because being sick for a month now has been hard and it's good to remember why I'm sick. Plus, it's always good to know things are developing right. I know people say (I'm guilty of saying it too) that it's good to be sick because you know your baby is ok, but it's hard to remember that every day!
The doctor's appointment was really short since that's all she did, but it was worth it. I would see her every week just to hear that heartbeat. Marty came with me today too so that was fun!
The doctor said I should get feeling better about 16 weeks (one more month!). She also guessed we are having a boy because I've been more sick with this one. She guessed right with Brooklyn so we'll see. I won't get to find out for 2 more months, but I'm fine with that because for now I heard the heartbeat!
Interesting side note, I checked the Chinese Gender Prediction chart and it says another girl. Either way we'll be happy!
Friday, May 9, 2008
Heartbeat
Posted by
Angie
at
1:43:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awww. It's amazing sometimes when you hear or feel the evidence of a little life growing inside of you. It brought tears to my eyes both times I heard my babies hearts beating for the first time. As for the Chinese gender charts, It totally worked with Carter, but then I found 2 different ones this time around that gave 2 different results! I'm excited to hear what you are having though! Good luck with the sickies, I hope it goes away soon!
The heartbeat is the best, isn't it? It's one of the best sounds in the whole world. When I was in labor, Meredith had the hiccups. It was fun to hear them on the "heartbeat" monitor! They were loud!! Hang in there with the morning sickness. I know, easier said than done. I'm so nervous for my next pregnancy already because I am NOT looking forward to those first months!
Post a Comment