So as many of you know, I'm in the Nursery in our ward. It's been a good thing for me mostly, but it does have it's challenges. Sometimes I wonder what our Bishopric (yes, this includes Marty) was thinking when they put two ladies in the nursery who had daughters in the class. It was good for their adjustment, but bad when you are trying to teach and your daughter is the one causing all the problems. I'm VERY grateful they finally put in a third lady to help us out, especially since the woman I've been in nursery with for awhile and myself are pregnant. And it's wonderful that this new lady is a bit older and doesn't have a child in nursery.
So anyway, today was a bad day in Nursery. It was ok until after snack time and then all the kids seemed to lose it. I'm not sure what we fed them, but it was bad!
We have a person who comes in and sings with them and the kids weren't even listening to her (we usually don't lose the kids until lesson time). So I knew my lesson would be a challenge. However, I knew I had some fun things to at least catch their attention, but I was up against too much.
First off, I start the lesson and Brooklyn falls off a chair and is crying too much for anyone else to comfort. Luckily, another teacher stepped up and entertained them with songs while I ran Brooklyn to Marty.
Then I came back and started my lesson again and another girl scraps her foot all up (because yes, she insisted on wearing no shoes) and she starts crying so loud that I can't talk over her. Finally I ask another teacher to take that child in the hall to calm her down so I can at least talk to the other kids. I should have just given up there, but I had spent several hours making this body for the kids to put together that I kept going. It worked out ok, but of course it was a day that Primary got out early so the door keeps opening while I'm trying to finish a lesson.
So pretty much it was a rough day in Nursery. And it always seems like I feel sick on the days I have to teach in Nursery and I don't want to pass my lesson on to someone else. I was very close to staying home today....I'm thinking I should have listened!
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Nursery
Posted by
Angie
at
3:14:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'll be the first to admit that I was not sad when I was released from nursery only after a few months. Sorry it was such a tough day! If it makes you feel any better I was ready to cry and walk out on YW's today. :)
I'm so sorry! I bet it is really hard having Brooklyn be there with you, she doesn't quite understand sharing her mommy with all those kids. Not to mention, there are a ton of kids in there now. I hope they split it up soon and things get better.
Post a Comment