Monday, May 18, 2009

6 months!

Our baby girl turned 6 months old today! She's our little cutie and we love how fun she is becoming. I used to think the first 6 months of a baby's life was hard, but I've really enjoyed this stage with Eliza. Here's some pictures and some milestones to celebrate her today.
Eliza is pretty happy most of the time as long as she is fed and not tired. She is often found laying on the ground playing with the toy in the picture below. She recently found her feet. She was a winter baby so for the first 6 months she rarely had the opportunity to see her feet! :) Along with the feet discovery, she has started putting them to use to help her play with toys!
She doesn't love it when Brooklyn invades her space and has quickly learned from her older sister that when she cries she gets what she needs.

This picture is for humor sake! It just shows how good Eliza is at going along with whatever we are doing. In fact, tonight I was out weeding finally and she just sat out in a chair watching me until she feel asleep. She's usually good with whatever we do!
For some reason when my children hit 6 months old, I think they can eat just about anything they want and I love that I now have other options of things to feed them. Today, I spoiled Eliza with oatmeal cereal (instead of the plain rice cereal) and some fruit. She loved it! I even tried an empty sippy cup and she used it as a teether instead (I know, the warning says not to, but what child doesn't?). Here she is in her highchair this morning.
She's almost got sitting up, but definitely needs more practice. She smiles at most people and loves new faces. She giggles when we tickle her and still squeals quite often. She loves to blow her food all over the place and is constantly drooling. She recently started saying "mama" (not that I think she's talking to me), but it's only when she's really sad and it sounds whiny so sometimes I think she really does know it's me. :) She loves to pull on hair, lips, chins, noses...anything she can get her hands on. She found the tiny amount of hair that she has and plays with it. She sleeps really well these days and I'm so thankful she's finally healthy. She's had her share of illnesses so far. She's our little sweetheart and we love her tons!

5 comments:

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

She is just so adorable. I'm so glad she is so happy and mellow for you. It's so much fun to actually enjoy the infant stage.

Mark and Kattie said...

She is such a cutie!

Mindy said...

She is getting so big! I see a little of Brooklyn in her features! I think everyone deserves an easy going baby at some time in their life! She is so cute!

Cluff Family said...

Those are some VERY cute pictures!! Looks like you guys are doing good and keeping busy :) We are just finishing up another week in Roswell, NM then we are moving to Bakersfield, CA for at least a year...maybe longer. Our little Holdyn will be 3 the end of July and Kimber is going to be 1 in June...wow how time flies! Anyway, we do think of you guys often and hope that you are all doing great!
-Jill

Vala said...

aw, she is so adorable and I can't believe she is already 6 months old! Time goes by too quickly, huh?