Saturday, May 9, 2009

San Diego!

This past week, our family took a vacation to San Diego, California! My mom came along with us. We had such a great time and it actually felt like it was a long time!! Here's what we did and some pictures (for memory sake).
Day 1: We decided to fly because 12 hours with a little baby would probably turn into 15 hours! No thank you! JetBlue is an awesome airline, by the way, and we would highly recommend it. Each seat has their own TV so everyone can watch whatever they want! Plus, unlimited treats and snacks! Don't forget the cheaper price too! Can't beat that!
We got there and went shopping for food and stuff to enjoy all week. We stayed in a condo close to the beach and went down for a walk on the beach that night.
Day 2: We attended the San Diego 7th Ward's sacrament meeting. It was testimony meeting so it was fun to hear that the church is true no matter where you go! Afterward, we drove to the San Diego temple. This temple is beautiful! It looks so fake in the pictures, but it looks that fake in real life too. Incredible! We took some great pictures there! Later, we played on the beach and went for a walk again.
Day 3: We enjoyed San Diego Zoo! It's a gigantic, pretty confusing zoo, but we enjoyed it! We walked a ton! This place puts Hogle Zoo to shame!
Day 4: We went to Sea World! This place was by far our favorite stop. We could have spent a few more days there! We all enjoyed the seal, Shamu and dolphin shows! Brooklyn didn't want to get wet and she didn't, even though we sat in the Soak Zones.
They have a Sesame Street play area for the kids with rides and it was just perfect! No lines and it was Sesame Street! That's better than Disney in Brooklyn's world. She wanted to take a picture with Elmo, until she saw him in real life and screamed bloody murder! It was hilarious!! Glad we didn't spend more money for Disneyland this year. :) I need to remember to take hats to this place next time. There's lots of direct sunlight all day long! We all got burnt!
Day 5: We went sailing with the lady we rented the condo from. It was a little benefit that made us pick that condo over others. It was awesome though we just sailed around the Bay. There wasn't enough wind to get us out into the Ocean. Marty loved this..it's something he has always wanted to do! Eliza hated it so I stayed in the cabin most of the time. I'm still feeling seasick a bit.
Day 6: We went to the Wild Animal Park. This park is very confusing. Plus, they make you pay extra for all the up close exhibits. We didn't realize this until it was too late to get tickets to any of these things so we just walked around and enjoyed the heat! HA! It literally felt like I was in Africa. It was HOT! Not our favorite place overall, but now we know! Plus, it's pretty far out of San Diego so it really wasn't worth it. We did meet up with some friends that just happened to be on vacation in the same place at the same time as us! It was fun to play with them.
Day 7: Pack up and head home!
It's good to be home again though it's freezing here in comparison! Eliza was sick the entire time with some cold. She had a cold the week before we left, was better for one day and then had something else. I felt horrible that I had to drag her around so much, but she was a really good sport! Until the airplane ride home and then everyone in the plane had to hear all about it! Glad it was a short flight. Plus, she gave me the cold she had and coming back to the dry air with a cold was not very fun.
Brooklyn had a blast! It was so fun to see her little eyes light up over every little thing! That is what vacations are all about. :) I'm so grateful for the opportunity for our family to get away from things for awhile. Everyone deserves that! So get out there and help the economy! Take a Vacation...no matter how small! :)

7 comments:

Mindy said...

Looks like fun!Eliza's life jacket is hilarious! :)

Kelly said...

That picture of Eliza in the life jacket is hilarious!! I'm glad you guys had a fun time. I can't wait to take Mer to places like that when she'll enjoy it! We love Sea World. I'm glad you're back! Hope your mailbox isn't broken....sorry about that! :)

Tia said...

I love to see other people's vacation pics. I'm glad you had a fun time, and thanks for sharing! The San Diego temple is SO gorgeous!

Jessica said...

Glad you guys had a great time. Wasn't it nice to just get away!!! Maybe we were both a Sea World on the same day in 2 different places. :0)

Vala said...

fun vacation! I bet even more fun to see things through a child's eyes, huh? Thanks for sharing pics...

Liz said...

Looks like you had a perfect vacation! It looks so fun! It makes me want to have a vacation...I love all the pictures!

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

Sounds so much fun. Yes, I think it's important that we all get a break and it probably helped that you had an extra pair of hands there too. How great is that? I love the pictures and hopefully you get over your cold really quick.