Fortunately, I didn't wake up to this chant this morning like Nemo does in Finding Nemo, but I did feel a little like Marlin as I thought, "maybe we should wait until next year for Brooklyn to go to school." However, we were registered and already paid for the month, so I took her to her first day of preschool!
I'm not sure if she was excited or not for school since she had no expectations, but I'm happy to report she enjoyed her first day. I wondered if she understood that I wouldn't be staying with her when I dropped her off, but we walked her inside and she said goodbye with no questions asked. And when I picked her up, she was excited to see me and I got a big hug. Nothing better! The highlight of the day was getting to use glue. When I asked her if she had fun, she said yes and when I asked her what she did, she said she used glue. She brought home a fun picture that says her name starts with the letter B. I've been getting bits and pieces of what she did today. I know she played with a girl name Kayla and a girl named Reagan. So I would say, the day was a success!
I'm not sure if she was excited or not for school since she had no expectations, but I'm happy to report she enjoyed her first day. I wondered if she understood that I wouldn't be staying with her when I dropped her off, but we walked her inside and she said goodbye with no questions asked. And when I picked her up, she was excited to see me and I got a big hug. Nothing better! The highlight of the day was getting to use glue. When I asked her if she had fun, she said yes and when I asked her what she did, she said she used glue. She brought home a fun picture that says her name starts with the letter B. I've been getting bits and pieces of what she did today. I know she played with a girl name Kayla and a girl named Reagan. So I would say, the day was a success!The only person who suffered was poor Eliza who had to be woken up from her first nap to pick up Brooklyn. I thought she would take a good afternoon nap to make up for it, but no luck.
Here's Brooklyn with her teacher Miss Barbara. She's in our ward and a great lady. I have complete trust in her.
Here's Brooklyn with her teacher Miss Barbara. She's in our ward and a great lady. I have complete trust in her.One funny story, we went to a preschool orientation last Thursday where Brooklyn was able to see her school. As we were walking in, Brooklyn hugged her dad really tight and said "but I'm only 3!". She said this because I've always told her she could go to school when she's 5, but I hadn't thought about preschool when I said that. Oh well, she had a great day and is excited to go back!

5 comments:
Miss Barbara is the best. I love her preschool. We start tomorrow for three days. I can't believe it.
I'm sorry you had to wake-up Eliza, that is what stinks about school runs. I always have to wake up Cam to p/u from Beehive. Is there someone you could carpool with so you only have to drive every other week or so?
Oh! Brooklyn!! Now way is she already that old! She looks so cute all dressed up for school.I'll be she just thrives in preschool! Carter is a Dec baby, so we don't do this until next year, thankfully, I'm not ready yet! :)
She is getting so old, already going to preschool. I know she will love it and all the friends she will make.
She looks so grown up. She have a great year and you will enjoy the break.
Wow, Brooklyn is in school already. Is it possible she is old enough for preschool? I still think of her as a baby. She is growing up so cute. Sorry that your other little one had been sick, that is not fun at all. I have been in SLC now for almost 4 months... I am such a slacker. Lets pick a day that we can get together. I call you soon.
Post a Comment