Babies should be born with a whole mouth full of teeth. Sure, it would take some getting use to, but it would be so much easier for everyone involved.
I was SO excited when Brooklyn finally had all 20 of her baby teeth. She was about 2 1/2 and I was getting ready to have Eliza and I sighed a huge sigh of relief. I knew I would have a little break from the crankiness.
Now Eliza is smack in the middle of full-blown teething. My kids are late teething bloomers. They don't get their first tooth until around 8 months. Eliza is 15 months old and has 4 bottom teeth. I can also feel a small portion of one of the top teeth and one top molar. She has 8 BULGING teeth. I feel so bad for her whenever I look in her mouth. I don't know how to tell which tooth hurts the most. She probably can't tell either. It probably hurts throughout her whole mouth. Nothing seems to take away the pain completely. She gets pain medications, Orajel, and teething tablets but nothing helps long-term. I want to go inside her mouth and rip her gums apart!
She can't eat very well because her mouth hurts and because she doesn't have enough teeth to chew everything. She's constantly chewing on something and drooling all over. She also appears to wheeze whenever she is teething. Every time she has breathing problems, she grows a tooth. I don't understand how they are connected, but they must be. I don't see any other connection.
Eliza is my good sleeper, but last night she woke up crying around midnight and then couldn't fall back asleep. She was WIDE AWAKE for 2 hours! Nothing worked to put her back to sleep. We tried everything. Eventually she cried herself back to sleep. Luckily, she didn't wake up Brooklyn or Dani (our 12 year old niece that is staying with us for a week while her parents are on vacation). I'm hoping that wasn't a teething thing, but just a fluke. I can't do that again. Marty and I are both exhausted. It did make us grateful for the other nights when she sleeps well though.
I do love teeth and I'm glad I have them, but why does it have to be so hard to grow them?!?
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Teething
Posted by
Angie
at
12:25:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I hear ya! It makes you feel so bad for them, and it's exhausting for everyone! Isaac has 2 bottom and 2 top, and it was certainly no picnic - I can't believe he still has 16 to go, too! UGH! It DEFINITELY impacts his sleep.
Good luck!
Oh man, I did hate teething. It is always hard to see them hurt, not to mention it makes for some lowsy nights! Good luck!
I am totally with you on the teething. It seriously is the longest process too. Tyler has been getting all his pointy teeth in and has cried for at least an hour every night last week. He almost has 16 down....yeah! Poor Eliza with the wheezing though, sorry! That sounds miserable for you and her.
We were so lucky in that department. The boys would wake up with teeth I didn't even know they were getting. I'm so sorry for her little mouth, and for you too, it's hard to soothe a baby in pain, and I can't imagine how bad it must hurt to get 8 teeth at once! poor baby! cold ice cream? popsicles? Poor girl!
Don't wish they were born with them. My mom had a friend whose son was born with 4 teeth. He was nursing and bit down and she had to get stitches! Yeah...there. Ouch!
I'm glad you wrote this. I needed the reminder.
Sorry for your/Eliza's pain. Our family has yet to really experience any negative side effects of teething--knock on wood! :D
Ooh, poor Eliza. I can only imagine how painful that would be having that many teeth trying to come in at once. I think Mia has 11 teeth right now. I agree, they should just be born with them. :0)
Teething is no fun. Clark just cut his 8th tooth yesterday. I am not looking forward to molars. Good luck!
Post a Comment