Thursday, July 22, 2010

Just this Week

Sometimes I wish I could gather up all the fun things I do during the Summer and spread them more out throughout the year. It seems like Summer comes and we all just go, go, go! Maybe that's what makes Summer so fun!
Just this week, we have kept busy having a good time.
We went to my nephew, Micah's birthday party at Bouncin' Off The Walls on Monday night. We all enjoyed the big slide. Eliza actually wasn't too big of a fan of it, but Brooklyn loved sliding with her Dad. She's starting to get more brave and actually went a few time all by herself. Plus, she started doing a few silly tricks on the way down.
Marty really enjoyed playing with her too. We only wish Eliza would have liked it more.

On Tuesday morning, we joined our ward playgroup on a tour of the Sweet's Candy Factory. Brooklyn went with her summer preschool group and was pretty excited we were going again. Honestly, I was very worried about Eliza leaving the hairnet on so I made sure to make a big deal about it all morning. I told her that she would be a big girl when she left her hat on. It seemed to have worked.
We couldn't bring any cameras inside, but we made sure to come out with our hairnets on for a picture!
Eliza did so good. She only tired to take her hat off once and then we just put it back on.
The best part is she still loves to wear it at home. Brooklyn and her will put them on and walk around the house with them pretending they are working at the candy factory and handing out pretend samples. It makes me smile!
Then that night, I choose to go to Book Group while the girls had a Daddy/Daughter date. I told Marty about the Parade Float Preview going on at the South Town Expo Center so he decided to take them.
They didn't have a lot of time because Marty needed to get back to an appointment, but they saw everything. Brooklyn loved this Moose float the best. Though, she called it the Reindeer float.
Marty was amazed by the Seagulls & Crickets on this float. Look for this one to be a winner this year! It had Seagulls eating crickets in all different ways.
The people by the moose float handed out moose suckers. Hmmm, where they trying to get the children to vote for their float?!
I asked Marty to take the camera with him and he asked "what do you want me to take pictures of?". I said "the girls and the floats". Sometimes he really makes me laugh!
But he did a great job taking pictures of them and the floats. Brooklyn loved all the animated floats and Eliza didn't express her opinion too much. Now the only thing we are missing is a picture of him and the girls by a float. :) It will be fun to watch the parade with them and have them recognize some of the floats.

5 comments:

Erin said...

We took Cam to the candy factory this summer too. I'm amazed that you could reason with Eliza to keep her hat on. We just had to keep putting Cam's back on as he took it off, eventually he forgot it was there.

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

I'm so sad I missed it yet again. Maybe one of these years I catch the float preview. Good for dad to take the camera.
I totally agree about summer, we're always running and planning. Which is another reason I love year-round school. We have time off during the year to travel and play and do exciting things.

Jessica said...

What a fun week! I've been trying to decide if the float preview was worth attending or not.

Mindy said...

How cute that he took the girls without you! I love the hairnets, they look like little lunch ladies! :)

Alyssa Elledge said...

Adorable, ADORABLE, girls!! Cutest girls in hairnets that I've ever seen!