We are having a blast this Summer doing so many things that it's hard to document them all! The Monday after all the craziness of what I blogged about previously, Marty took the day off of work and we enjoyed just being together as a family. We went grocery shopping, did laundry, and relaxed, but wanted to have some fun as well.
My friend, Holli, gave us a gift to get one adult and one child season passes to the Living Planet Aquarium and we hadn't had a chance to use them yet so we decided to go have some fun! We bought one more adult season pass so Marty could come with us when we go. The season passes cost as much as a little over two trips so we decided it was worth it.
We didn't get there until around 5 pm, but since we have passes now, we figured it would be ok if we didn't spend too much time there. We headed for the penguins first because that is what is on the billboard Brooklyn sees all the time. Brooklyn loves penguins! She loves to watch the documentary called March of the Penguins. And by the way, she's still mad at seals. :)
They were a little hard to get a good picture. They live in a pretty small tank. Plus, we found out that they are pretty active all day except for when we were there and it was their nap time. However, there was one hyper active penguin still awake that was swimming like a maniac for our entertainment!
I had to laugh at the resemblance of Eliza next to this penguin. This is the type of penguins they have at the aquarium.
Both my penguins. Brooklyn is standing in front of the type of penguins she watches on The March of the Penguins.
The Aquarium has lots of places to be right up close to see all the cool fish. They have some of the most colorful frogs I have ever seen!
Eliza loved to sit on all the stepping rocks.
Up and close with the turtle!
Taking a little ride in the canoe.
Eliza loved the stingray tank! She couldn't reach the stingrays, but she loved to play in the water! I'm going to have to remember to save this for last from now on.
Brooklyn also loves seahorses!
Taking a little boat ride and learning about seagulls.
The girls loved the giant frog.
Eliza lost it after we took her away from the stingray water. Besides that, she was hungry so we left after about a hour and a half.
Here's our attempt at getting a family picture. Gotta love it!
And before we left, Brooklyn cuddled up with a snake!
We had a fun time and it's nice to know we can go visit it again. I only wish it were bigger and a bit closer to us!
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Aquarium
Posted by
Angie
at
1:51:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun. We'll have to check it out sometime.
We went for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I must say I was impressed, although it's not like other real "aquariums" that I've been to, where the tank takes up the whole building, but it was fun. My kids loved the rays as well and looking for the hidden frogs in the little marsh land by the motor boat. Looks like you all had a great time.
oooh. you make me want to go! we haven't been in a long time! looks fun!
I was also disappointed at how small it was. But my kids loved it too. And I love the family picture!
Looks like fun! We have a season pass too, and Isaac loves it - like Eliza, he loves to play in the water. I definitely hope they expand it one day, but for now, I like it's size because we can get through the whole thing before we have a cranky one year old! haha! Cute photos - my fave is the one of Eliza by the penguin.
Your family picture is awesome. I'm glad you guys make it a priority to fit family time into your lives - it's tough not to become overtaken by all the other demands. Looks like you had a perfect day.
Post a Comment