Monday, March 7, 2011

Party!

This year was a year for Brooklyn to have a friend Birthday party. She would have been completely happy having a Backyardigan's Party just like she did two years ago. It's the only party she had ever had and since she's a creature of habit she thought it should be that way again. I was fine with that too, until I saw a great deal online on wristbands to Hollywood Connection. I bought a few on a whim and went with it. Looking back I wish I would have bought a few more. I really wasn't thinking clearly when it came to how many to buy.
We had the party this past Saturday, March 5th. They didn't open until 11:30, but I decided to wait until after lunch so we held the party from 1-4 pm. I think we picked the prime time for this place. It was pretty busy!
Here are most of the kids anxiously awaiting to start riding some rides. We are missing 3 of the party group. Some hadn't arrived yet and some of the younger ones just didn't want to be in the picture. Sadly it's the only group picture we have. I had meant to take another one after we were done, but completely forgot.
The wristband included golf and skating, but we decided to just ride the rides over and over again. This age group would have been a nightmare trying to do much else.
These four girls were inseparable even though they didn't know each other before. They just wanted to be where Brooklyn was and of course, Brooklyn loved it! They all got along really well.
The girls wanted me to ride with them on the balloon ride. It was a pretty tight squeeze. Marty was riding with the boys. This rides spins as well as the actual balloon. I rode it twice, but after the second time I was pretty much done riding rides. I was feeling pretty sick. Getting older isn't very fun sometimes.
The kids loved these bummer cars, but only rode them once. We had the whole party (at least the ones that were tall enough to ride) all out there at once.
They loved being able to run into someone they knew! They all had the best smiles on their faces!
Seeing the kids faces light up was worth every penny!
The rides were all pretty fast and the kids didn't slow down too much so it became harder and harder to get a good picture.
The Carousel was actually the hardest with all the kids. Marty and I were trying to help them all get on an animal and seat belted, but they were all running in different directions. I hadn't thought of that beforehand.
After 3 hours of running around and having a blast, it was time for the party to end and to open presents.
What do you get an already spoiled girl? Her friends knew of course. She loved everything!
The present theme seemed to be little animal-type creatures that don't make a lot of sense to me, but Brooklyn LOVES them or art/crafty-type things, which Brooklyn LOVES as well. Thanks again to those who came and for the gifts. We hope everyone had as much fun as Brooklyn!
The happy Birthday girl!
After everyone left, we decided to stick around for a bit. Eliza was at my dad's house taking a nap during the party, but they brought her over after she woke up. We thought she would like to stay and ride a few of the rides. We were wrong. We learned pretty quick that Eliza doesn't like to ride rides. We hope that changes soon.
Marty took this trying to get a picture of Brooklyn and I on the dragon roller coaster. Brooklyn loved this ride and would have ridden it all. day. long. She had a hard time leaving.
Marty and Brooklyn going for yet another ride.
Then we decided to introduce our girls to the mini golf world since they had never been before and we had already paid for it. It wasn't too much fun. The place was packed and I really don't like to golf when people are waiting behind you for you to finish. It's puts too much pressure on me. :)
Eliza didn't understand it at all. We tried a few times and then just let her run around. The only problem was she kept grabbing our balls and moving them or grabbing a random ball on a different hole. She basically just ran around and got into trouble the whole time. She had a blast!
Brooklyn loved it! She even got a hole-in-one. This is her celebrating! Only she was very disappointed when she didn't do it the next time.
It was a pretty fun, exhausting day. The next friend birthday party will probably be a bit more low key. Unless of course we score another great deal online. :)

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Looks like a fun party! You're brave! I'm glad she had such a great birthday!

Holli said...

I am impressed you stayed...I was done! ha ha I think the puke in the bathroom was my turning point. My kids could have stayed forever though, and they also loved that little roller coaster.

Melissa said...

Fun! It looks like everyone had a great time.

Erin said...

She's better at mini golf than me. It's looks like it was a fun party.