Saturday, March 26, 2011

My rare 2 year old

My two year old is a bit bizarre. Bizarre in a good way! This girl loves to sleep. I've had several comments just this week about how bizarre it really is. I know it's a rarity, but I absolutely LOVE it! All I have to say is sleep or nap and she's all for it. In fact, the other day she saw a baby going to sleep and she tugged on my pant leg and said sleep. She was ready to go to sleep too!
The reason she loves sleep? It's because it's the only time I allow her to have her binky. She loves to get in her crib with her blankie and her binky. Life is perfect for her at that time. And I must confess it's a little perfect for me too.
Brooklyn was never a great sleeper. She would rather be awake so she would take little cat naps. I always prayed my next child would be a sleeper. Eliza is an answer to my prayers! My next child might be a horrible sleeper so I cherish Eliza even more.
Brooklyn was already in a big girl bed and had gotten rid of her binky by this age. She also stopped napping at about this age too. I'm scared to change anything because of how well she sleeps so for now I'm not changing anything!

9 comments:

The Mom said...

I wouldn't change anything either! Sleep is wonderful!

Erin said...

I don't care what anybody else tells you, keep her in the crib and let her have the binky. Hopefully someone can learn from the mistake I made with Cam.

Jessica said...

I'm looking at moving Rachel to a "big girl bed." It scares me for the same reason. Rachel is happy in her crib with her binky. I don't really want to make waves.

Mindy said...

Don't move her out!! Owen was a perfect sleeper until he moved out of his crib, then he found freedom! It took months to get him back on track. Carter was the opposite, he started sleeping better when we took him out of the crib at 16 months, I think he felt confined in there. So funny how kids can be so different. I love her little smile in this picture!

Mark and Kattie said...

She is such a cutie! I love all her stuff in her bed.

Trista said...

I'm so with you on that! I say stay with what works until you HAVE to change it. You know, like they might break a limb when they try to climb out of their crib (neither of my big kids ever even tries--knock on wood).

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

We love good sleepers!! Yeah for Eliza- that is wonderful.

Holli said...

I think if it is working for you, leave it working for you. I love the picture...she looks so cute and snug :)

Vala said...

What a lucky gal you are to have such a good sleeper/napper. Here's to your next being equally good at the all important sleeping (aka, giving mom a break to get stuff done!)