Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Disney on Ice

On Friday, November 11th, we went to see Disney On Ice "Treasure Cove". The girls were so excited to get all dressed up (both wanted to be Snow White because we don't have a Rapunzel dress), curl their hair, and paint their nails (which was all their idea I might add).Last time we went, we took a picture by the pictures at the sales venue. Seems silly, but it was better than paying money to get a picture taken at the actual picture spots.
Eliza sat on my lap for the first half. She never sat in her seat that we had to pay for of course. I posted the pictures in the order they were taken.
The first show was Alice in Wonderland. The cards were amazing to watch. Sequenized skating (or anything in that matter) is incredible. I can't even imagine how many practices went into this production.
Next was Peter Pan. The crocodile is after Captain Hook!
Peter Pan in the bottom left with the lost boys and Wendy in the center.
Intermission time.
What fun!
After the intermission, we had Lion King. We saw Lion King at the last Disney on Ice show we attended as well. Pumbaa amazes me every time. How does one ice skate on their hands as well as their feet for a long time. Incredible!
Simba lifting Nala.
Eliza then moved to Marty's lap for a bit. We weren't really sure if the girls were having a good time up to this point. They were entertained, but didn't show too much emotion. I should have probably looked into what shows would be highlighted and make sure they knew the stories well before going. I know Eliza has never seen Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan or Lion King so I'm sure she didn't know the characters enough to be excited to see them.
However, the excitement was discovered as soon as these little men entered the ice! Marty said he felt the excitement from them.
Snow White and Prince Charming. After Snow White, they sequenced through short stories of several Disney Princess.
First Aladdin (Jasmine not shown) and the Genie and the cool elephant. Aladdin and Jasmine flew on the magic carpet even, but we didn't get a good picture.
Then Little Mermaid. Again hard to get a good picture with our camera, but they had neon colors and it looked really neat.
Then my girls all time favorite, Rapunzel! She was the one they were waiting for! We didn't end up with too many great pictures of this show either because of the lighting.
And finally Tiana. A lady next to me asked who she was so for those that don't know, she is Disney's version of The Princess and the Frog.
And for the finale, all the Disney Princesses came out. Eliza was beyond excited to see some of her favorites, including Mulan, Belle, and Cinderella. Brooklyn was already happy because the shows we watched were her favorites including Tiana, Ariel, Snow White and Rapunzel.
They all danced and twirled.
And finally waved goodbye. We all had so much fun!
I tried to get a picture of both the girls at the end, but Eliza (who didn't take a nap) was not in the mood.
Since we were downtown we decided to eat dinner there. Marty really wanted to go to PF Chang's. We had made reservations for 7 pm since we weren't sure when we would get out of Disney on Ice. We got to the restaurant at 6:30 and it was packed so there was no getting in any earlier. The girls were starving and fun to entertain. Eliza didn't understand why she couldn't just eat. She could see everyone else eating.
When it finally came our turn to eat, she was so happy to see food that she just ate and ate! I have never seen this kid eat so much. She even ate the lettuce wraps and she's usually our pickier eater. Oh and she loved the shrimp!
While waiting though she played some drums.
Brooklyn ate pretty well too, but held out for the dessert at the end. You should have seen these two inhale the mini desserts.
After dinner, they got down from the table and were so happy to have full bellies again that they started dancing around (not too crazy of course so they didn't disturb other people).
They both crashed in the car on the way home. I guess we wore them right out! It was such a great family fun night!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

When I saw this advertised I wondered if Rachel would enjoy going. Maybe we'll do it next time.

The Mom said...

What a great night! What kind of camera do you have? Those are great pictures! I tried to take pictures at the circus and they were bad!

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

We debated back and forth whether or not to go, it looks like we should have. Maybe next year!

Trista said...

How fun! I wish I could take my little ones every time--they love it.

Mark and Kattie said...

I need to take my kids to this, mabye when they get a little older! Looks like so much fun!