While preparing for my Sunday lesson this week, I came across an article entitled "These Are Your Days" by Neil A. Maxwell in 2004 right before he passed away. Some parts of it really hit me hard. I thought I would share.
"Remember, too, that your faith covers all portions of life’s trail. You can have clear faith in the ultimate outcomes at the end of the trail but still find vexing uncertainties in the steps immediately ahead. The Lord knows the end from the beginning and everything in between. You, however, function in the muddled, mortal middle. Both the help and comfort of the Holy Ghost are thus much needed for the short run too!
God has a timetable for this planet and for each person: “But all things must come to pass in their time” (D&C 64:32).
Within all of the drama cited are many individual dramas, making it imperative for you to allow the Lord to tutor you amid your discipleship.
Enoch rejoiced, and so can you over the grand, consoling reality regarding God: “And yet thou art there” (Moses 7:30). Privileged Enoch even saw the God of heaven weep! (see Moses 7:29). Yet Enoch was very discouraged by the gross wickedness anciently. He said he would “refuse to be comforted” (Moses 7:44). The mentoring Lord, however, told Enoch to “lift up your heart, and be glad; and look” (Moses 7:44). Then revealed to Enoch was Jesus’ Atonement in the meridian of time and also the latter-day Restoration. Enoch, who had been so distraught, now rejoiced!
Do not “refuse to be comforted.” Let the revelations comfort you. Let the scriptures refresh you!You young disciples are so privileged, and though the times in which you will live will be turbulent, there will be glorious accomplishments, too.
Thus, I have desired to place some perspective on these, your days, and I salute you for what your generation represents and the divine compliment God has given you by placing you here—now.
Make use of these, “your days,” for as you become more like Jesus, there will be more and more things He will give you to do.'"
I've definitely felt stuck in the "muddled, mortal middle" lately while my faith is being tested. I'm trying to stay strong, but I haven't perfected that yet. I'm trying to remember the grand picture, but keep losing my grasp.
I'm grateful to be surrounded by loving family and friends who remind me I have much to be grateful for. So while many of you are blogging about your gratitude, my family and I are counting our blessings too. We just aren't posting them right now. My blog has sorta fallen by the wayside for now, but don't worry we are having fun celebrating birthdays with family. I will post some fun activities soon. It's hard to believe Eliza's birthday is less than a week away. Oh and all the holidays are coming up too. Can't wait!
I also found this video which I loved! But I couldn't figure out how to upload it to the blog so here is the link:
http://lds.org/pages/mormon-messages-gallery?lang=eng#good-things-to-come
2 comments:
Great article. It's sometimes frustrating to me to know I am "stuck" in the middle- I know Heavenly Father does know the big picture and that is where I have to exercise my little faith. It seems more often then not I'm just praying so much and telling my Father in Heaven it's all in His hands. It's so hard to know what to do or how to feel. I'm sorry you're going through some hard times- you're strong and you have a wonderful testimony and sometimes that is all we can cling too. I know any advice I would give you already know- just know you are loved and looked up to.
On a lighter note, I always remember your November is as busy as ours, can't wait to hear about the fun and see pictures.
It's true. Sometimes we get bogged down in the muddled middle. Sometimes we look up to heaven and cry "why?" It still amazes me thought, that we can find peace amid the storms.
Post a Comment