Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter

We celebrated Easter on Saturday and Sunday. We usually like to attend a city Easter Egg Hunt in North Salt Lake, but it wasn't possible this year. Marty was in charge of a ward baptism. The girls went with him and I stayed home because I wasn't feeling too great. Well, while they were gone, the Easter Bunny came to our house. Brooklyn walked into our house after the baptism, took one look around and noticed a few eggs. She ran back out to the garage to get Eliza! She was so excited! Their baskets were hidden so they grabbed some bags to start looking for eggs. Brooklyn was really sweet to leave eggs for her sister. She could have grabbed way more than she got, but she would say "I'll leave this one for Eliza". Eliza and Brooklyn had been playing with the eggs for the week before so Eliza was beyond excited to realize the eggs were full of surprises. One of her eggs opened in her bag and she said "there is candy in my egg!" She is my candy girl so she was in heaven.
They are still searching for eggs. I already had a little mess (toys) in our front room as you can tell.
It's fun to see how each kid is different. Brooklyn opened each egg to examine what she got. We put Squinkies (silly little toys) in a few of the eggs. They were Brooklyn's favorite part! She likes candy, but knows how to control herself so she hardly ate any. In fact, she still has some Valentines candy that she has never eaten. I guess it's time to throw that away. :) I call her my candy hoarder.
Eliza on the other hand is the complete opposite. She went right for the goods. She didn't care what was in each egg. She just wanted to eat the candy in the one egg she was holding. She is my candy girl. She ate so much candy I'm surprised she wasn't sick. She refused to eat lunch after all the candy too. She said she was full. I'm sure she was. She is also known for finding Brooklyn's "hidden candy" and helping herself.
Next was the treasure hunt to find their Easter baskets. Brooklyn loved this part! I wish I would have videotaped the whole thing. She had fun trying to read the clues and "solve the mystery". Eliza wasn't really sure what was going on and was more worried about eating her candy. :)
Part of the treasure hunt took them outside. Brooklyn's favorite part was the Easter Bunny was in our truck and he made a mess in our basement (just a small mess of course). She had a lot of questions about the Easter Bunny this year. We usually don't talk too much about the bunny. In fact, she even told me "when I was little, I thought you were the Eater Bunny". Maybe I should have told her, but I didn't want to take away the fun and magic for the little ones.
Eliza found her basket and was pretty excited! She received a bunch of the Disney Princesses.
Brooklyn hoped she would get the princesses too, but was excited to see a Snap n' Style doll that she has wanted instead. She also realizes that sisters share. :)
Later on that day we colored Easter eggs. My girls were excited for the activity.
Eliza had forgotten all about them so she was relearning the skill.
And of course we needed to take our annual family Easter picture.
Just the girls.
Marty and Brooklyn only because Eliza only wanted to be in pictures with me.
Sunday morning brought church. Here are the girls in their Easter dresses. Love them!
It was nice to have Marty home with us for Easter. Later on we went to a family dinner with Marty's family and they had an Easter egg hunt there. I don't have any pictures because my camera was already full with the pictures from the day before. It was a wonderful weekend though!
Of course we talked about our Savior. We talked with the girls about his life, his crucifixion, and resurrection. We enjoyed watching the Bible videos on lds.org and had a family night about it. I'm grateful for the Easter season that reminds us of all the things our Savior has done for us and that we can share them with others. I'm grateful for the knowledge I have of my Savior. Happy Easter!

6 comments:

Liz said...

Fun Easter! Brooklyn looks so grown up, I can't believe she is getting so big! Did you guys get a piano? That's great!

Kelly said...

Wait - when did you get a piano??

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

Fun Easter weekend! Lots of candy :) I was like Brooklyn, I hoarded my candy all year long. What a sweet girl. They look so cute in their dresses.

Jessica said...

So fun!

Holli said...

Looks like an awesome weekend. We have a candy horder, but non of my kids actually just chow down. I love them in their cute dresses, they are really getting big :)

Border Collie Lipstick said...

I love seeing how excited kids get about Easter Egg hunts and festivities. And I'm impressed with Brooklyn leaving eggs for Eliza. She is such a good big sister!