This week was my 12 week mark for this pregnancy. It was a week I honestly thought might never come. March was a rough one for me. I can't really explain this pregnancy sickness this time. It's so strange. The drugs I take to help with the nausea and the drugs I take to help with the side effects of the nausea pill don't settle too well with me. I found the less I moved the less I was sick so I chose to not move very much. Well, not moving had it's side effects as well. The main one being that I've completely lost my strength and stamina. I'm trying to slowly gain it back, but it's hard. I went shopping at Target today for about 30 minutes and I needed to sit down a few times. Sad. I'm so out of shape. I'm really looking forward to this warm weather (not today with the crazy wind, but nice warm weather) so that I can get out and walk. Even if it's just a little each day. It's hard though because I feel sick more when I do. Such a vicious cycle. I truly hate it. It's been rough on my whole family.
12 weeks finally brought my first doctor's appointment! I switched doctors this time and she doesn't see her patients until 11 weeks, but I had a conflict last week so it was moved to 12 weeks. It was honestly the longest wait of my life! My last doctor would see me at 8 weeks so a whole month longer was excruciating.
On the day of my appointment, the doctor's office called and told me my doctor had a family emergency and wouldn't be in the office. I was bummed to say the least. However, my doctor has a intern she has been working with for several months and she was still seeing patients. I was completely fine with seeing whoever I needed to see as long as I heard the baby's heartbeat. At least that happened! Hearing the baby's heartbeat for the first time is one of my most favorite sounds! I know I've been sick so I should have no concerns, but hearing the heartbeat makes it so much more real. It was a relief to hear and yes some tears were shed. Loved it!
Now I'm just hoping my body wants to give me some relief once the first trimester is officially over (next week) and that I don't have to wait until 19 weeks (like my last two). I can always hope, right?
Saturday, March 31, 2012
12 weeks
Posted by
Angie
at
8:27:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yay, I love heartbeats too! It is amazing how much the sickness and everything else that comes with a baby isn't quite as bad when you hear that thump thump thump. I am excited for you, and I really hope the sickness at least lets up in this next couple of weeks :)
I bet that was tough waiting til week 12 for the heartbeat, but so glad you got to hear it and feel assured that all is well! I hope that you are better before week 19 this time! I totally get the whole feeling fatigued and weak thing because moving makes you sick sick sick. Fingers crossed for you!
Congratulations! What a wonderful milestone!
Yay! Again, so excited for you - be ready to share your cute little baby with me, wish I could barf a couple days for you and give you a break.
I sure hope your body gets a relief from the sickness as well. I will totally walk with you if you need a buddy! I don't even care if it's just to the park.
Hearing the heartbeat is so wonderful and makes the reward of the suffering seem real and so close, you're already a third done. With summer around the corner it'll be here before you know it!
Hope you are feeling much better and able to enjoy the (mostly) lovely spring weather!
Post a Comment