Friday, June 22, 2012

Youth Conference

Youth Conference was with our Ward this year. Since Marty is Bishop, we get the opportunity to hang out with the youth quite a bit. This year we went with the youth to their Youth Conference from June 14-16th. They had a Survivor theme and we stayed at a house (a huge house) in Heber. They broke up in "tribes" and had competition type games. Not all the leaders were put on teams (only 2 per team) so we were observers most of the time.
This cool Jenga game was a hit! The youth played with it lots throughout the weekend. Marty came in to help with a piece....
 and knocked the tower down!
One of the highlights for everyone was the huge water slide. It looked like fun! I tried to protect the innocent so most of my pictures will include Marty or myself.

I'm a paranoid pregnant person. I feel like I tried so long to get pregnant that I don't want to do anything to cause harm to my unborn baby so I avoid anything that might cause any problems. Again, paranoid. So I didn't do the water slide. I sat around and took score for the teams instead!
 Next they threw and launched water balloons at the Bishopric.
 They received points by who they hit.
 Marty was pretty wet after the water slide. 
 I enjoyed hanging with the Young Women presidency. Such fun and amazing ladies! Heidi, of course, is not pictured, but she's one of those amazing ladies.
And eating all the yummy food. I did steal some of these pictures from the pictures that were posted on Facebook. :)
On the last day we did a service project at Solider Hallow. Basically the girls had to move rocks. The guys were off weeding. It was a bit silly, but we did what was asked of us. 
 Then we cooled off and had lunch.
The finale was doing the Alpine Slide in Park City. I decided to do this activity because they said it was safe for pregnant ladies and because I had never done it before, but have always wanted to.
 I made sure to pick the designated slow lane.
I went so slow. Marty was in the lane next to me, but I only saw him for about 5 seconds and then never caught him again until the end. In fact, poor McKayla was behind me and was trying to race her mom. Yep, she caught up with me and had to slow down and lost. Sorry McKayla.
It was a fun weekend. The youth were so good! I was worried after going to the last Ward Youth Conference 2 years ago were the kids drove me crazy. We all had a fun time! Plus, now most of the older Young Women want to come to Girls Camp. Yay!

3 comments:

Vala said...

That pregnant belly sure is looking cute! Don't worry, I don't think you are paranoid, I wouldn't have done the slide pregnant either! :)

Border Collie Lipstick said...

Those slides both look like a lot of fun, but I don't blame you for sitting out the water slide. And Bec is right, your belly is adorable!

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

It was a blast, it was great to have you up there and hang out with us. I also think it's because of you that the girls want to go to camp :) Way to be the awesome adult!