Thursday, June 7, 2012

Toothless

Brooklyn has been losing a crazy amount of teeth lately! She didn't grow these baby teeth until pretty late in life so I'm surprised they are falling out so soon. She wasn't the only one in her Kindergarten class with holes in their mouths though. She lost her bottom teeth last year (I'm sure I posted about it) and they have already grown in.
She's my girl that has a hard time letting anything go. She's my 6 year old hoarder and has been all of her life. She loves to treasure things and has a hard time saying goodbye. Her teeth are no exception. She hates that she has loose teeth. She would rather keep them forever. So when her teeth are loose, it's become increasingly harder for me to convince her to let me take them out. I remember wiggling my teeth like crazy to get them out. Not this girl! She hates the blood in her mouth and every part of the process.
Her top teeth have been loose for a long time! I remember her dentist telling us she might loose them before Christmas last year. Well, she barely lost them at the end of May. One was so loose that it was bleeding here and there and made it hard for her to eat. We finally got one out on May 19th and the other top tooth was out by May 22nd. I'm glad because she looked silly with one big tooth in the front.
She loves for me to take pictures with each of her teeth because that makes it easier to say goodbye. You would think the tooth fairy would be reason enough!
Here she is with both top teeth gone! Sorry for the cellphone pictures. Of course our camera had to die right before all these Kodak moments.
Not too long after Brooklyn lost her top teeth, she told me she had another loose tooth on the bottom. She had a dentist appointment right after that and she was worried they would take it out. They left it in, but told me she had 4 teeth that were close to coming out. Crazy! I made sure to ask the dentist if that was normal and he assured me it was. She's just in the age of losing teeth!
Once again, her tooth was super loose before it came out. In fact, this tooth came out all by itself. Brooklyn bit into something and the tooth was out. She lost this tooth on June 6th.
I know she has three more teeth to loose in the next little bit, but that might take a few months. I hope so at least because the tooth fairy is going to go broke!

3 comments:

The Mom said...

Next time she has a really lose tooth, give her a caramel or a sugar daddy. They are great for grabbing those loose teeth and not letting go!

Holli said...

It's adorable when they loose their teeth, not so much when the new big huge teeth come back! ha ha

Border Collie Lipstick said...

I just caught up on a few of your posts and it looks like you have been having a fabulous beginning to your summer. Your girls looked like they had a blast on vacation. What fun memories!