Dear Society,
Do a pregnant lady a favor and the next time you see her, please tell her how adorable and tiny she is no matter how you really feel about her. I have yet to meet any woman who wants to hear how huge she is and how big her baby will be. I am fully aware of how large I am. I'm the one who stands on the scale each month at the doctor's office. I'm the one who can't fit into any of my (pregnant) clothes anymore. I'm the one carrying the extra weight.
My favorite comments are those that tell me I'm looking good and that I'm tiny (not that I've gotten many of those this pregnancy, but I did with my first). It makes me smile even if I know differently, but maybe over time I'll start to believe you if I hear it enough. Thanks for your good thoughts. You really know how to make a woman feel good about herself!
Sincerely,
Large and In Charge, pregnant with my 3rd child so keep your opinions to yourself, pregnant lady
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
To Whom it may concern
Posted by
Angie
at
10:10:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I'm sure you look great. I didn't mind the comments so much as the gaping looks as I passed by. I wish I could have screamed, "it's twins" everytime I saw somebody stop and stare:)
I'm sorry! I think you do look good. With my third I was in maternity clothes at my first appointment and it just got worse from there.
Too bad we're above making comments back to people because we could easily criticize something about every stranger that thinks they can make a comment to us. :)
I always think you look gorgeous! That black dress you wore on Sunday was spectacular. Don't let anybody tell you different, especially your inner voice. You are radiant and beautiful.
On a different note. I was always sort of happy when someone said, "Wow! Are you having twins?" It was validating to think, "Yes, I am as big as I feel."
You look great! Well, I have only seen pictures, but I'm sure you do in person, too! My favorite is when people were telling how miserable I looked being so huge and all, especially that last month. I always had to tell them I felt pretty good actually! Just remember, pregnancy is some weird phenomenon that even though millions of women do it every year, people still think they have to say something, like your dying or sick or something! :).
Ha ha ha ha. I love your "sincerely..." line. You are so funny. I'm sure you look wonderful. When I saw you at Disneyland, you hardly looked pregnant. I know how you feel though, after laying around on bed rest, I felt horrendous. Just start saying "Thanks!" with a big cheesy smile and let them stammer.
That's crazy talk - you look adorable when you're not pregnant, when you are, and about a day after you give birth! There's nothing more beautiful than a woman with child, big or small...tiny ankles or cankles. Isn't it amazing what our bodies can do?
Post a Comment