Sunday, July 29, 2012

Quiet

It's so quiet at my house today. My kids are in Kamas with Grandma and Grandpa Nowling since Marty and I will be at Girls Camp this week. Girls Camp doesn't start until Tuesday, but Marty was in Kamas this weekend for a bike ride so he took them up early so that we would have to make the trip twice. I haven't seen my girls since Friday. They spent the night up there before the bike ride. I was supposed to as well, but then my Uncle Fred passed away so I stayed home so I could attend his funeral on Saturday.
It's funny how when my girls are around, I beg for peace and quiet. Now that they are gone, it's too quiet though. I want them home. I guess I'll never be happy. I always want something I can't have. :)
The girls have been looking forward to this week for months though so I hope they have fun. I'll be busy starting tomorrow and won't have time to enjoy the quiet so I'll do my best to enjoy it today.
Last night, Marty and I went out to dinner and a movie and we didn't leave the house until 8 pm. It was weird because we are usually home by 8 to make sure the kids get to bed. We had fun, but I'm tired today from staying out too late. Sure life before kids was fun and adventurous, but I'd never trade it for my life with kids. It's the best! (no matter how much I may complain). Now I guess I'll go take a nap...

4 comments:

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

Wow, I hope you really enjoyed it because it won't be very quiet at girls camp. I also find when I'm away from my kids for a while they are always extra clingy when I get back, do all kids do that or are mine extra special that way?

Border Collie Lipstick said...

Hope you had a fun time at girls camp and got a little R&R while your girls had fun with the grandparents!

Melissa said...

I agree. I'm always looking forward to some time alone with my boyfriend, but when I get it...something is missing. My wild boys. Getting a break from time to time definitely makes us love then and appreciate their energy more!

Holli said...

It is weird when you always have noise to nothing though. I am the same way. I can't wait for that alone time, because honestly it is very VERY rare, but when I am alone I get so bored! I'm never sure what to do with myself. At least you are pregnant and a nap is always good :)