Marty had last week off from work. It was so nice to have him home! We had originally planned to take this week off to visit family and friends in Arizona. But with gas prices being outrageous and me still feeling sick, we decided to stay home. Sorry, Bonnie & Dave and Tren & Ashley, we didn't make it yet again! Hopefully one day!
Instead we worked on our house. We have plans to change our flooring around a bit in our kitchen and dining area, but didn't get it figured out in time to do that this week. So instead we painted! It's amazing how much a little paint can totally change a room. Brooklyn was a good sport about her house being in disarray, but she even got in on the action a bit.
She liked the ladders the best and we would often find her at the top of the them (including the 14 foot ladder!). I never saw this, but it frightened Marty a bit!
She liked the ladders the best and we would often find her at the top of the them (including the 14 foot ladder!). I never saw this, but it frightened Marty a bit!
I thought we would show you some of our changes. First you must understand our house has mostly white walls so any color is a good change. We've been meaning to paint and do changes for some time, but there's always been another expense holding us back. Finally we had the opportunity so here's what we did!
This is in our dining room. We just painted one wall this color.
This is our main bathroom. The previous owners of this house had some wallpaper border that I've disliked since we moved in. The new look to this bathroom made me the happiest! It might be how cute the shower curtain is, but it's hard to tell!
This is our master bathroom. It's so tiny and it was so white that it would blind us in the morning. So Marty thought it would be fun to make it half black. Yes, black! We now call it our "retro bathroom". It's much easier on the eyes now.
6 comments:
Wow, I'm impressed! To me, painting is a HUGE undertaking. I did the whole nursery by myself, and it wore me out! Good job! I love the red. I long to have a red wall in our house, but I can't figure out where to put it, and I can't seem to convince Jeremy about it. For sure we can't do it in the kitchen - can you imagine a red wall up against that bright blue of the front room? Yuck!
Wow, great job. You did a lot of painting. It's amazing what a little paint can do. Fun changes. I love how it can make a space feel completely different. What do you plan on doing with your flooring? Can't wait to see that too. It's not fun to live in project mode, but it sure is nice to make your house how you want it!
Looks great! I love color!
I love all the color! We moved from a totally white house into this one which is all tan walls. We loved it for a while, but now we are sick of tan! I want to do color someday!
Sweet paint! And what a project! Everything looks great and I know you are loving it. I get the wonderful task of having 2-3 days to paint our entire house right before me move in. Yikes! Wish I had your help. :)
Paint can sure change the look of a room. Looks like fun! And congrats on your upcoming baby! So happy for you guys!
Post a Comment