Thursday, July 3, 2008

It's a.....

Healthy baby....and a stubborn one at that! Isn't that all you want to know? Just kidding. We are having another GIRL! We for sure thought it was a boy, but we are excited that Brooklyn will have a sister. I never had a sister so hopefully it will be a good experience for the both of them. Here's some pictures. They aren't the best, but Marty's working and I wanted to post them now!

Brooklyn came along to the ultrasound, but didn't completely understand the black and white mess on the screen. I had showed her a video of her ultrasound before we left, but she didn't understand that either. She was more concerned about why mommy was laying on the bed and why I had "stuff on my belly".
So the baby was low and didn't want to move to show us. Brooklyn was the complete opposite and opened right up when we checked her. I'm sure this is how it will be with the two of them...complete opposites! So I went to see my doctor and then came back to the ultrasound tech to check again. She says it's a girl and everyone tells me "she's never wrong", but we never got a great shot so here's hoping she's right! We're excited!
As far as pregnancy update, I'm feeling better (FINALLY!) and I'm off my nausea medication. I still have my moments, but nothing like before. And this baby girl moves a ton (except during an ultrasound). I've been feeling her move for the past 3 weeks. I like to feel her because that means all is well. Now I can hopefully start enjoying this pregnancy.

8 comments:

Mindy said...

Yay!!! Scott has a theory that 75% of the time your second baby is the same gender as the first baby... so far it's actually pretty close to that with most of the families we know. How fun for you guys! Brooklyn and her sister can share toys and a room someday and maybe clothes if the months and sizes match up the right way... Good for you! Her little profile is adorable! Isn't it fun to get a glimpse into the womb and see the little miracle growing inside of you? I'm glad you are feeling better. Half way there, right? I hope the 2nd half is better than the first was for you. Thanks for sharing your good news! We can't wait to meet her! :)

Kelly said...

Yay for baby girls! Meredith will have a friend. Promise you won't move anytime soon? :) I was so excited to find out what you were having. I've been checking your blog all day... thanks for posting! And I'm so glad you're feeling better!

Jessica said...

Hooray for girls! Maybe by the time they are old enough to know what's going on we'll be back in Utah (finger's crossed)???? :)

Kristen said...

Congratulations Nowling Family! I've seen those parts on an ultrasound a time or two. Definately a girl!! For me, it's a little bittersweet to find out that it's the same gender as your first or second for that matter. I was a little bummed because a boy would be a new experience, but it sure is nice to already have all the stuff you need in all the right colors. I'm glad you're starting to feel better too. I can't believe you're already halfway done. It has really flown by. I'm thrilled for you! Hooray!

Erin said...

It will be so much fun to have 2 little girls. I love having a sister, I'm sure Brooklyn will too.

Mark and Kattie said...

I am so excited for you! It is so fun to finally find out what you are having.

Dave, Bonnie, and Taten said...

Yep, looks like a girl to me. I am so excited for you. Nice you don't have to buy anything new.

Jen said...

That is wonderful news. It is nice to have the same gender than they can share clothes and toys and such. We are so excited for you! Call me if you need any help.