Friday, July 25, 2008

Crazy week

I have a lot of things I should be writing about, but haven't. I haven't uploaded pictures to my computer yet so I keep delaying the post. Basically we went to Kanab for a few days (yes, that's in Utah for those that don't know) for Marty's work. There isn't much to do in Kanab so Brooklyn and I enjoyed the stay at the Bed & Breakfast and played at the local park.
Also, our house is a disaster since Marty has torn up our kitchen and dining area to put in new flooring. He torn it up last Saturday and we left Monday for Kanab. We got back from Kanab late Wednesday and he started working on the flooring then. It's a lot of hard work! He's exhausted! It will look so good when it's done though. I'm excited! I wish I could do more to help him, but there's not much I can do. Thank goodness for some good friends who have come to help him. My apologizes to their wives who didn't see their husbands for many, many hours. So yeah, there will be more posts and pictures later probably.
Anyway, so no kitchen means eating out a lot. Pretty much I'm sick of it. We ate out while we were in Kanab and since we've been home. I do like to eat out occasionally, but this is becoming too much for me. So tonight we went to Panda Express for dinner and Brooklyn amazed me with her chopstick skills. I mean, I didn't learn how to use chopsticks until I was about 20 and here she is at 2 actually getting food into her mouth. Thank goodness for camera phones so I could upload this picture. It's pretty amazing!

6 comments:

Liz said...

Dang! Brooklyn's gotta teach me! I am 25 and still can't succeed in feeding myself with chopsticks. I'm excited to see the new flooring too!

Mindy said...

Yay for home improvements!! I hope you post before and after pics. Your new family picture is cute!

Mark and Kattie said...

I am so excited to see your new flooring. It has motivated us to get going on ours.

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

Angie- can I bring you a home-ade meal? I hate eating out that much so I understand. Since I don't think I've ever been inside your house you should post pictures of the finished work.

Kristen said...

Did Marty figure out the threshold issue? My house is actually presentable (shocking I know!) so if he needs a visual, send him on over!

Kelly said...

Smart Brooklyn! I, too, have never been able to master chopsticks!