Thursday, July 10, 2008

Lights & Rolling

Yesterday Brooklyn impressed me with yet another new skill. I was getting ready for the day when suddenly the light in the hallway turned on. Brooklyn came running in and said "I turned the light on!". Then she went around and turned every light on that she could find. I guess she's finally tall enough to reach them. She's always loved turning lights on, but she usually needed a step stool or some help, but I not anymore. She impressed me even more when I asked her to go turn them all off and she did! But throughout the rest of the day she would go randomly turn lights on so I had to explain we didn't need lights during the day. Pretty fun. She's getting so big and now has total control of this house it seems.
Also, last night after Brooklyn had gone to bed in her toddler bed. Marty and I were out watching TV when suddenly we hear this THUD. Marty got up and found Brooklyn laying on the floor still sound asleep. So he just picked her up and put her back to bed. How's that for sound sleeper? It's not usually that easy.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Brooklyn is such a big girl! She's going to be a huge help with the new baby.

The Mom said...

I love it when they sleep that sound! That is so cute!

Dave, Bonnie, and Taten said...

I love Brooklyn. I can't believe she is getting so big and can sleep through falling out of her bed. Did I tell you I was going to be in town next week?