Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Doors

I'm glad that Brooklyn waited until 27 months to master the art of opening doors. I loved that I could keep her out of the places I didn't want her to enter. Now she has free run of the house basically. She comes and goes where she pleases. This is good and bad. I loved that I could keep her in her room until I wanted to go get her, but it's also nice that she can just come out now and I don't have to go let her out. Except when I'm eating something I didn't want to share and then suddenly she appears and asks, "what ya eating, mom?". So some of my privacy is gone and I've also learned the art of a locked bathroom door (she hates this!), but I hate a cold bathroom when I'm showering. But again, a lot of kids learn this skill earlier so I'm counting my blessing that it took her this long.

Side note: My ultrasound is scheduled for tomorrow. I can't wait! Make sure you check in tomorrow for all the information you want to know!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Nice! I wish Easton would have waited a while to do the door thing. He's been opening them for the last 2 months now. Probably because he's a little on the tall side. He can even open the doors that go outside. Soon he'll be on to the dead bolts. Yikes! I am so excited for your ultrasound!!!!!

Mindy said...

Carter can reach, but tries to turn the knob with two hands and doesn't get the idea of pulling while you turn... just a matter of time, I'm sure. Can't wait to hear what the outcome of your US is!!! I'll be checking all day! :)

Liz said...

I hope Alex waits until he is 27 months to figure doors out. He has figured out how to close them recently which has presented quite the problem with him shutting himself into rooms and then screaming. I would still like to be the one to open the doors though, so I'll continue to rescue him and hopefully it will take a while for him to figure it out.

I can't wait to hear about your ultrasound!