Most of my blog followers know I'm a sucker for a good deal. For the past six months or so I've been trying to be good about cutting coupons and finding the best deals on groceries. It's not always fun, but the thrill of the hunt and the sweet deals do make it enjoyable sometimes. Most of the time the deals are on things I don't use all the time so I find myself wondering if I am saving any money overall. However, today I got a great deal on things I use daily...milk and bread! Just thought I would share.
I needed bread. My freezer was empty and it was time to buy more. So I glanced at the Harmon's ad that came in my mailbox on Monday and saw the Grandma Sycamore bread (my personal favorite) was on sale 3 for $5. That's usually about as good as it gets for that bread so I was excited not to have to go far to find bread on sale. Then I noticed in the ad that milk is on sale for 3 for $5. However, if you buy 3 Grandma Sycamore breads, then you get $2 off milk, making it only a $1. Sweet! I need that much bread anyway so why not?
Wait, there's more. Then I remembered last month that were was a coupons.com coupon for .75 cents off ANY brand milk so I thought I would check again since I used mine last month. Low and below, there is another one! So I printed my two limit coupon off and headed to the store. I bought 3 gallons of milk for $1.50. Not bad. Our family doesn't drink that much milk yet so I took a gallon to a neighbor. I'm still pretty excited about getting a gallon of milk for .50 cents each. It's hard to find a pint for that price anymore. Oh, the things that make me happy! :)
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
A Grocery Deal
Posted by
Angie
at
2:12:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That is a awesome deal!
Wow, that is awesome. I must have missed it. I guess today is the last day right?
That's awesome! How come grocerysmarts doesn't reference ANY of those sales? That bugs me.
Sweet! That's is a great deal! Wish I could find some milk around here for that.
Good deals make me really happy too! That is an awesome deal, good job!
I forgot to add, you can freeze your milk if ever you have too much or it is going to expire soon, just throw it in your freezer and it will be just fine when you pull it out and thaw it! Just thought I'd share!
sweet! I love good deals. I went to Albertsons a few days ago and spent $53 and saved $97. I was so proud of myself :)
Post a Comment