Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Our Sunbeam!

I know I posted a little about this in an earlier post, but Brooklyn is officially a Sunbeam and now attends Primary. She has been in Nursery since she was 14 months old (a little early because I was called to be in Nursery). This was actually a blessing because it's proving to be hard to entertain a little one that isn't enough enough for Nursery (aka: Eliza). Now Brooklyn is 2 months shy of being 4 so she was in Nursery for a VERY LONG TIME! It was weird having her in there with all the "babies". I know the teachers loved her, as well as all the other 3-year-olds. I remember when I was in Nursery how hard the adjustment was when the oldest kids graduated to Primary. Suddenly, no one could say the prayer or even talk more than a few words.
Brooklyn's first day was this past Sunday. She was sick the week before. She did really well and was excited to be in Primary with some of her older friends. She was super excited to show me everything she did (thus the picture). She's in a class with about 6 boys. There is one other girl, but she's basically in-active, though she did attend class last week when Brooklyn wasn't there. What are the odds? Her mom says she'll be coming more now that we have 9 am church so that will be good, though Brooklyn doesn't know very well. Brooklyn is ok with the boys right now, but I sure hope some more girls move in over the years or she's really going to be miserable in class. Her only complaint about Primary is they didn't give her any fruit snacks. She did get a few cookies, but "not as many treats as Nursery, not fruit snacks". What will she do when they stop offering snacks?!
My girl's getting so BIG!

6 comments:

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

She looks so excited to be a big girl in Primary. I totally understand about being in nursery a long time- Jackson had a Feb. b-day. Oh what fun. I can't wait until I sub again in primary to see all the new faces.

Trista said...

So cute! She looks so excited. I loved when Sabrina moved to Primary; it was so fun to be there with her. I've already thought about my poor January being born and having to go through nursery a full year after turning three. I wish there were an answer.

Liz said...

She looks so cute, it's amazing how fast they grow up. She's adorable!

Mark and Kattie said...

I am sure she was sooo excited! Cute dress too :)

Mindy said...

Cute dress! She's such a smart sassy little thing. I'm so glad she's so happy to be moving on and growing up. Carter's not so sure. :)

Jessica said...

What a darling girl! I miss teaching the sunbeams. I was the only girl in my primary class except for a mentally challenged girl. Sometimes I didn't care. Other times it was really difficult. It mainly depended on the stage the boys were in. I hope she'll have a girl or two before they hit the "no girls" stage.