Do you know how hard it is to get a picture of a newly walking baby?
Eliza starting walking on her 14-month birthday (almost 2 weeks ago). She's been ready for several months now. By ready, I mean she's been standing up in the middle of the room and cruising furniture. She just had no desire to walk so she didn't. I really didn't care though, no need to rush the inevitable. She's still faster at crawling, but she now walks more and more. She's our cute little waddling penguin!
And while I'm bragging about Eliza, let me share a few more things she does...
She loves stairs! She has always loved stairs. We have a rambler so there aren't too many accessible stairs (we have a gate blocking them). She's been going up stairs for a few months now. On the same day she started walking, I put her at the bottom of the stairs so she could go up by herself when she started to come down by herself too. I was impressed because Brooklyn never really learned to go down the stairs on her tummy. She would either come down on her bottom or fall down them. I could never get her to come down on her tummy. Eliza just "gets it" I guess. She also can get off the couch by herself this same way. I'm sure it's because I started teaching her to turn around and go the right way from the beginning.
Another cute thing that isn't a milestone or anything, but I find it adorable. She sleeps with her bum straight up in the air. And she's always cuddling a blanket. This one happens to be her favorite. Adorable!
Thursday, January 28, 2010
She walks!
Posted by
Angie
at
9:53:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Your little Eliza is cute. I love watching them grow and explore. So fun.
She's so cute. I love love the new walking stage. I think it's so cute! I am so glad that blanket hasn't all unravelled in the wash. I worried about that. I made one for me and we used it for two weeks with Branson, and it is getting a hole, I need to fix it. Eliza is adorable, where did all the time go?
So fun! And I love that Eliza's favorite blanket is a baby afghan...Will's is too!
Wow! Walking already! I love that last pic of her bum in the air. So cute!
Way to go Eliza!!! She is so sweet, I just think she has the sweetest demeanor, and I hope she doesn't change :) I love the sleeping picture, because I think when babies sleep like this it is the cutest.
So many great accomplishments. She probably is so proud of herself, as are the parents. :) She is a cute sleeper with her bum in the air.
She's adorable. Cam started walking a few weeks ago too. It's fun to watch them learn new things.
Aww! Her and Owen could be kindred spirits... he does the cute little bum in the air thing too! She is growing up fast! I couldn't believe how her hair had grown when we saw you a few weeks ago! Your baby is not a baby anymore!
So cute!
I love how she sleeps! So cute! I also love the walking photo at top...
Post a Comment