I guess it's about time to post my first post of 2010. I feel like it should be something amazing and wonderful, but sadly it's just my thoughts tonight.
We had a fun New Years celebration. We were invited to Cody and Shyann's house to spend time with the family. We had a dinner and played games and enjoyed talking. Eliza crashed at about 9:30 in her cousin, Rueger's crib. Brooklyn stayed up with everyone else. She actually did really well until it was time to leave and she didn't want to go. Eliza was mad to be taken from her bed as well so we left with some very unhappy kids. However, we had a really fun time with everyone. The next day we dealt with two ornery kids as well as two ornery adults. Marty and I had been staying up very late (we're talking 1 or 2 am) for several night prior working on our basement so everyone was exhausted New Years Day.
Brooklyn graduated from Nursery and went to her first Primary Activity last Wednesday night. She was able to meet her new teachers, Sister Grow and Sister Bryant. She loved playing with all the "big kids", but wasn't sure about her teachers. When it came time for her to go to class with them, one of the teachers reached for her hand but Brooklyn didn't take it. Instead, she walked over to Rossen Jones who put out his hand and she took it willingly. These two have been in Nursery together for the past two years so I guess they felt safe together. It was cute! I can't believe how big Brooklyn is getting. She's been in Nursery since she was about 14 months old so I'm glad she gets something different finally.
Today was supposed to be her first day in her Sunbeam class, but she was up a few times last night needing a tissue because her nose was runny. She had a little fever and cough as well. So we decided to keep her home. My mom was willing to stay home with her and Eliza so it was very nice to be able to go to church without worrying about them. Brooklyn was very excited to go today and was a little upset that I wouldn't let her go. Oh well, there will always be next week.
And last, our ward now meets from 9 am to noon. I love it! It's a little hectic in the morning, but then we have all day (it seems) to enjoy being together. We were very fortunate today for Marty to come at 2:30! WOW! I was so happy!! He used to get home anywhere between 6 and 7 pm and then sometimes leave immediately to go to another meeting. Not today, he was home the rest of the day. We even got a family nap. I have no idea how long it's been since we've had a family nap?!? It was great!
Ok, so I'm rambling. 2010 is here and I still can't get used to it! I wrote my first check today and had the problem of writing "0" for 09 so maybe by April I'll get the hang of writing 10 instead.
Sunday, January 3, 2010
First post of 2010
Posted by
Angie
at
9:34:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
One of my facebook friend's status on Jan. 1 was "Get ready to throw away perfectly good checks!" I can't get used to it, either. :) That's really cute about Brooklyn and Rossen. Sandy and Amy are going to be great with those little kids.
Yep I have already messed up several checks and had to initial my mistakes.
I know Amy and Sandy will be awesome. Amy was Gavin's nursery leader and she was so great. Sounds like you guys are close to finishing your basement. Good luck and we all want to see pictures when you're done.
Post a Comment