On March 12th, we went on a fun family outing to Disney on Ice. This is the first time we have ever taken the girls and they LOVED it! When we saw that TinkerBell was a part of the fun, we knew that Brooklyn needed to go. She loves TinkerBell! We were a little worried about Eliza, but we didn't want to leave her out and she ended up loving it as well.
This show included Cars, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King and TinkerBell. The first half was the first three stories in condensed versions. The last hour was devoted all to TinkerBell and they reenacted the first TinkerBell movie. It was very cute!
Thanks to our friends, the Hawkers, we borrowed this Silvermist costume for Brooklyn to wear. We actually got a deal on the tickets through the Hawkers too and sat the row behind them. It was fun to have friends there with us. The picture I took of Brooklyn and Maddi didn'twork out though. Silvermist is Brooklyn's favorite fairy.
They were charging $18 to take a picture with a TinkerBell background. The concession stands were decorated with TinkerBell pictures as well so we improvised.
Here's one with Eliza. She wouldn't hold still for an actual picture. This picture turned out pretty well though.
We found our seats!
Here's proof that I was there too!
First was Cars. We're still trying to figure out if these were all computer-operated or how they did this. There were lots of happy little boys watching. My girls loved it too!
This picture is a little blurry, but it shows how much they loved the show!
Eliza enjoyed the kettle corn. It was the only way to keep her sitting long enough.
The Little Mermaid.
The Lion King.
At intermission, we took the time to take a family picture and stretch our legs. Notice Eliza still enjoying the kettle corn?
Then it was time for TinkerBell! It's amazing what these people can do. Above is Terrance holding TinkerBell by the legs so she can fly! Very cool. I had no idea so many people ice skated for a living. There has to be a lot of cast members for these shows. When I think ice skating, I always think Olympian. Who knows, maybe someone of these people are or were Olympians?
More TinkerBell. It was a fun, colorful show. It was very well put together. We enjoyed our night and the girls loved it. It was definitely worth the money. Brooklyn wants to know when we can go again.
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Disney on Ice
Posted by
Angie
at
1:46:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Looks like so much fun. Maybe next time it comes we'll venture out and take the family. I can't believe Eliza just sat there. Good job.
That looks so fun! I can tell the girls loved it.
I love the profile shot of Eliza smiling at the show. How cute! We'll definitely have to do this sometime.
It looks like you had a great time. I think the time we went it was just princesses and it was more fun watching the kids faces than it was to watch the show.
Brooklyn looks so happy, it is cute when you can actually see how happy a kid can be. Glad you are in a pic, seems like as moms we never are in any pics :)
I am so jealous! I looked at the price of tickets and just about died. I just couldn't justify it! Maybe next year!
Yeah, we LOVE Disney on Ice
Looks like fun! My boys wouldn't care about the princess stuff, but they love Lightning McQueen!
Post a Comment