It seems like our life has been in fast-forward for the past month and a half or so. We have constantly been busy doing something. For this reason, we felt a vacation was needed. However, when we looked at the funds, all our money is and has been put into our basement so there was none extra. Instead we decided to have a Staycation. This is much like a vacation only you stay home.
Marty took off last Friday until yesterday. Sunday was our Anniversary so we did a few things alone, but we also had fun as a family. Friday we went to Disney on Ice. I still need to do a post on this, but I was on staycation after all so that is still coming. Saturday night, my mom watched the girls and slept over while Marty and I went to dinner and to see Avatar. Great movie! Sunday night we took the girls up to Kamas for Marty's parents to watch them for a few days. Marty and I worked on our basement. So maybe that wasn't much of a great staycation, but we really want it done! It was nice to get that much further along in our basement in hopes we don't have to work down there until midnight almost every night anymore.
The girls came back Tuesday afternoon. I had to listen to Brooklyn cry about missing preschool that day, but she was able to attend dance. Yesterday, we did some shopping for furniture, went to IKEA (still love that store), went on a picnic to Cowboy park and went for a bike ride. The weather was so nice that we had to get out and enjoy it!
It was nice to have a little break even if we had to stay home. We canceled meetings we should have attended and just made ourselves top priority for a few days. We stayed up too late and slept in too long (well on the days we didn't have the girls at least). We ate out too much and ate unhealthy food. We went shopping and spent too much money. I forgot all about my responsibilities and didn't get on the computer as much.
The time flew by too fast and now it's time to get back to reality. My house is a disaster, Brooklyn needs to go to school, Marty's back at work and I have lots of stuff to do!
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Staycation
Posted by
Angie
at
8:40:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Sounds like a great staycation! Sometimes being together at home is the best vacation a couple can have. Congratulations on 7 years of marriage!
Even though this might not have been the vacation you wanted, at least you guys got some time for yourselves, and sounds like a lot done with your basement....I think it will be worth it in the end. There is always next year too, right?
Your house is NOT a disaster. And I love the paint in the basement. So fun. Can't wait to see the finished product!
That sounds so fun, it's nice to just get a break from the everyday. I'm glad you were able to enjoy a couple days! We need pictures of the basement!
Let's see this basement, Angie! I'm glad you had a nice break!
Sounds great to me! Where is Brooklyn taking dance?
Post a Comment