No, this post is not dedicated to any great deals I got today. There were some great deals out there, but I'm not posting them due to the fact that the deal ends today and most people won't see it until it's too late.
You all know I like deals, but following all the deals can get to be too much after awhile. Last week was a week where I told myself not to even look at the grocery deals because I didn't want to shop. If I look, then I feel like I have to go get them! So sometimes I just don't because I don't want to. :) I don't like grocery shopping at all.
This weekend we are going to a baby blessing and need to bring drinks. So I looked up Grocery Smarts to see where they had cheap soda pop. Turns out Smith's had Coke products for 75 cents when you bought 8. So I looked around to see what else I could buy to make 8 things and found quite a few deals. Mistake #1.
This morning I headed to Smith's to buy my deals with only Eliza in tow. Brooklyn was at preschool and I try to run most of my errands when I only have one kid. Though Eliza is by far the hardest to deal with at the grocery store so I would have rather taken Brooklyn. Eliza is a Houdini when it comes to seat-belted contraptions. She can work her way out of anything, except for her car seat. She has yet to do that. She can easily turn herself around in a shopping car (with the seat belt) and stand up. Today I brought along my ITouch to try to entertain her a bit while I shopped. It worked to a point and then she was bored and wanted out. I ended up being at the store longer than expected so I can't blame her. I ended up with 3 different sets of 8 items and I was all over that store trying to find just what I needed.
I ended up getting the pop first so my cart was full of 9 2 liters (one wasn't on sale) and 3 apple juice containers. It was a bit heavy to push. Mistake #2. And yes I bought a little more pop then I need for this weekend, but I am putting some in my storage too. We don't drink a lot of pop, but it's nice to have around when people don't feel good or for special occasions.
At one point in the store, I found some flour for a good price and had a coupon to go with it so I put two bags in my cart. Well, one exploded all over my cart. What a mess! Mistake #3.
I managed to find everything I needed (and some!) and checked out. Eliza was in my arms by this point. I then had to push my cart outside. No one offered to help, which I usually decline anyway, but I really could have used today. Not only was my cart heavy, but I was also holding Eliza.
I put Eliza in her car seat first and then started putting all of my bags in the back of my truck. My cart completely fell over! Can you believe it?! I was parked on a little slant (mistake #4), but the cart got lopsided and completely fell over. I'm so glad Eliza wasn't still in there. I could have gotten really frustrated, but I just had to laugh. I've never had that happen before!
It was just another adventure of grocery shopping!
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
My latest shopping adventure
Posted by
Angie
at
1:52:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh man I could devote an entire blog to my grocery shopping adventures. It just seems like the perfect storm sometimes trying to get out of there. I'm glad you laughed, I did that is quite the trip!
You do have lots of shopping adventures. And shopping with kids is HARD! Meredith is a constant challenge at the grocery store. I'm glad Eliza wasn't hurt.
Rachel likes shopping. She likes waving and smiling at strangers. (Something I'll have to teach her not to do when she's a little older.) Plus she likes to dance to the muzak.
that is quite the story! the things we will do for a good deal :)
The funniest thing is we were both out with one kid trying to get the good deals that day, and both ended up with an adventure....yours much funnier, and mine sadly much more frustrating! I wish there was a better way to get food into the house :)
Wow, I've never had a cart fall over before. I'm sorry to say but that's funny. I am glad Eliza was already in the car though and didn't get injured.
Post a Comment