Wednesday, May 19, 2010

CF Walk

Last Saturday, our family participated in the Cystic Fibrosis Walk. If you want to know more about this disease, click here. I have a friend named Chuck who died when he was 30 (I believe). He had recently been married (Hi Jill) and passed away a short 6 months later. He was born with CF and it was amazing he lived to be as old as he did. He accomplished much in his short life, but his greatest blessing was to be married in the temple. I will be eternally grateful that he was allowed this opportunity before he passed on. I often wish he had more time with Jill, but that wasn't part of the plan.
Each year, our friends that knew Chuck gather together to walk and raise money in his behalf. The life span for people with CF is getting longer and longer. Yeah!! I've missed the past few years so I was excited to make it this year. This year we walked through downtown (about a 5K in distance). We started and ended at the City & County Building.
Here is Charlton's Crew. It's sad that I rarely see these great friends except once a year at this walk, but at least I see them once a year! I'm still laughing that our team leader (hey Terry) didn't realize the walk was last weekend and was in Moab. :) hehe.
Some of the local team mascots showed up for a bit. Brooklyn is terrified of them, but did good as long as they stayed away from her. Well, this bear jumped right into our picture. I was worried Brooklyn would stream and bail out of the stroller, but she still has no idea he was there. :)
Eliza enjoyed riding in the stroller while she waited for the walk to start!
We tried on hats to protect from the sun, but no such luck. They both took them right off. My kids are not big fans of hats.
They did love the rest stop with Creamies. Yum!!
I loved the Creamies too! And would you believe it, I didn't even get a picture of Marty that pushed the girls the whole time. Oops!
Afterward, the kids enjoyed lunch (oh wait, no they ran out of lunch). They enjoyed yogurt drinks and playing together.
Brooklyn, Blake, and Sabrina played hide & seek with Marty. They kept hiding behind all the trees. It was cute to watch!

3 comments:

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

What a great activity and for such a great cause. You guys are so great to always get involved.

Jessica said...

My little sister has CF. She just turned 29. I am grateful for people, like yourselves, that help raise money to help. It's wonderful that you get your kids involved too.

Melissa said...

What a neat thing to do every year. Not getting a picture of Marty pushing the girls, but one of yourself, the pretty mom? That, my friend, is a miracle! Moms are usually the ones behind the camera.