It seems life has really sped up for me the last several weeks. I'm always so rushed when I finally have time to get on my computer that I quickly read blogs and then move on to something else. I'm trying to at least post something once a week, but some weeks are harder than others to find a "blog worthy" post.
We've really been enjoying our basement! It's still a work in progress. I've been slowing spreading out all my junk, um I mean treasures throughout my house. It's so nice to have more room upstairs and to not have all the kid's toys in the front room. It's been good for me to have the opportunity to look through all the things I've been storing downstairs that we no longer have room for and no longer need. It's opened my eyes to how much stuff we really have. Some countries would be disgusted by how many things each person has to themselves. I've been getting rid of lots of stuff and it feels nice. I'm really excited for the County dumpsters in a few weeks.
The girls love playing downstairs. Eliza finally has her own room (at 17 months) that is not shared by a computer. She didn't like how empty it was at first, but we now have toys and such in there so she can have fun and enjoy her bedroom. However, she still keeps pulling all the toys out to the front room. Marty and I love having our computer (especially our printer) available at any time and not having to work around a sleeping baby. We also enjoy watching movies and relaxing downstairs. It's so nice!
I thought I would share two pictures of Brooklyn from about 3 weeks ago just as we were starting to move things downstairs.
Brooklyn decided to put her beanbag on top of the ottoman to watch a movie. She was so excited!
Brooklyn fell asleep two times within the first week of our new basement! This is amazing because this kid hasn't napped for at least a year and a half. I could have sworn there was a sleepy spell on the basement because I fell asleep through my first two movies as well. It's just so dark and comfy and zzz.....
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Chillin'
Posted by
Angie
at
8:39:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
How cute! There is something about basements that make you feel more relaxed. I'm glad you're enjoying the new chill zone.
Extra space is nice. I'm glad you're enjoying your hard work.
So glad you are enjoying spreading out, cute picture of Brooklyn sleeping.
I love the cute sleepy picture. She's adorable.
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll fill up your basement in no time. :)
There is definitely something relaxing about a cool, dark basement!
Post a Comment