Brooklyn had Preschool Graduation today at 11 am at the Kearns Library. She "graduated" from the 3/4 year old class and will start the 4/5 year old class in the Fall. Kind of silly, but it fun to see all the things she learned this year. They sang songs that I have never heard of, but it showed me what they learned. I only wish I knew the songs so I could help her remember them. The songs showed they can count to 100, that they know the alphabet (which she already knew prior to preschool), they know the days of the week, and the months. They also sang a bunch of other cute little silly songs and recited a couple of poems.
Her class was there with the morning 4/5 year old graduating class. It was cute to watch them do the procession down the aisle. It kind of made me teary eyed even though it wasn't my child. :) The library auditorium was packed! Here are some pictures of the event.
Colby, Brooklyn and Gage
This was my view of the group (this includes both classes).
Trying to get a little closer. The top row was Brooklyn's class.
Jaxon (in the green & white shirt on the bottom row), Colby (who is also in our Ward), Brooklyn and Reagan.
Holding up the alphabet while the older kids recited poems about each letter.
Almost done! Brooklyn did a great job. There were two girls in her class bawling through most of the program. I was SO glad that wasn't Brooklyn! :)
The blurry shot of Brooklyn shaking Miss Barbara's hand. Some guy bumped Marty's arm right as he was getting this picture. Grrrr!
Brooklyn & Eileen. Brooklyn made lots of new friends and enjoyed playing with all of the kids, but toward the end of the year, she talked the most about Eileen. She would always say that she liked Eileen because she made her laugh. Luckily, Eileen will be in the summer class with Brooklyn as well as next year's preschool.
Grandma also took 2 hours off of work to attend. Brooklyn was excited to have her there!
The proud graduate! Grandma gave her a 5 dollar bill. Brooklyn was SO SO SO excited! This kid loves money and never wants to spend it! We stopped and got a Slurpee (her favorite treat) after graduation and she was upset that we were going to spend her money. We assured her that we were buying the Slurpee's. :)
Brooklyn's support group. Our friend, Ben Hunt, took this picture and Brooklyn would not look at him.
But of course she would look when Grandma took the picture.
Here is Brooklyn with Miss Barbara at the beginning of the year.
And here's a picture of them today. Brooklyn played the shy role again and I had to pretend to be in the picture in order to get this. Brooklyn does love Miss Barbara. She is in our Ward as well and Brooklyn always looks for her and gets so excited when she finds her. She's a wonderful teacher!
Friday, May 28, 2010
Preschool Graduation
Posted by
Angie
at
3:34:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am so glad that there are people that like to teach little kids. I helped with Kira's preschool for a couple of weeks, and I couldn't wait to get back to my quiet office when it was all over!
Congrats Brooklyn!
Adorable! Miss Barbara looks great too! :)
So cute! I love seeing them sing all the cute little songs. Gunner was so excited for his and to move onto kindergarten. It makes me sad that he is getting so big. She looks so cute sitting up there with her class
So cute!
Cute :) I can't believe how old she is now! I think it's funny/adorable that they do graduations each year. The kids and parents both probably just eat it up :)
Why do you think it's silly that there's a graduation? I wouldn't have it any other way. Maybe they should just call it something different. She's adorable!
Post a Comment