This is a completely random post about nothing important but I felt like writing a post today and this is what came to mind. BTW, if you are Jessie or Holli reading this, just stop now because I already shared my thoughts about this with you today.
Anyway, so I haven't watched The Bachelor or Bachelorette in a LONG time. Well, one night a few weeks ago I was tired and just wanted to veg in front of the TV. Most of my shows are not on right now because it's Summer so I got on the Internet and decided on The Bachelorette. Well, now that I've started I feel a little invested and I'm still watching the trashy, sleazy, yet very entertaining show. I love watching reality TV shows because I love watching people period. I'm the quiet type that's often the one observing others. It fascinates me! I am a Psych major you know?
Anyway, so there are 25 guys trying to date one girl in a very short amount of time and to do it in front of the whole world to see. Crazy scenario. Why would anyone volunteer for that? I'm not sure. It does take all kinds to make the world go 'round. To that, I'm grateful or else the world would be a little boring. I also understand that some of these people on reality TV are trying to make themselves known to become actors. However, as I was watching this week's episode, I wondered if these guys are for real or playing a part. Really? I had no idea guys acted so strange over a girl. I'm sure they feel the competition and guys get a little crazy over competition, but really?!? Kasey, for example, went completely psycho this week.
I do have to admit, I was a little psycho over a certain guy in High School and I'll be the first to admit there is no wonder I didn't date much. I was so attached to one guy that I became a little obsessive, but I was young and had no idea what I was supposed to do. These guys are in their late 20's and still a little psycho. I'm so glad I don't have to date anymore!! And I'm so glad that I would never date 25 guys at one time. I mean, how can you kiss one guy and then another and then another all in one night? Obviously, a kiss doesn't mean too much but you also have no option because you only have so much time on this show and they expect you to pick someone when it ends.
Another odd thing, when I watch this show I always have an odd feeling when it's over. I sticks in my head and I try to figure people out. It also brings back a few memories of when I was dating and the experiences I had. Crazy what a little show can do.
For now, I'll admit. I'm addicted to this show and I have no idea how she is going to possibly just pick one guy in the end. But don't worry, I'll be watching to see who she picks!
Thursday, June 17, 2010
The Bachelorette
Posted by
Angie
at
4:39:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Those shows bug me because I think the people are so fake! You know they all have casting agents who hooked them up with the gig... I watched the very first Bachelorette YEARS ago, and I got sucked in. Why do they do that? :)
I admit to wacthing it too . . . Kasey did go psycho and I can't believe she kept him around. Probably because she didn't find out about the tatoo. It's all for the drama. I think this is the most dramatic group of guys yet.
I used to watch "Beauty and The Geek" religiously.
I'm watching this season too. I am rooting for Roberto, I think he's the nicest guy plus the most handsome.
Enjoy your show, everybody has a guilty pleasure that helps them get through the week.
I am watching this season too, and it isn't something I freely admit :) It is very addicting...
So glad I'm not the only one with this guilty pleasure. I'm with Liz - Roberto all the way. I've even gotten my husband watching it and now he does the 'guard and protect your heart' impersonation to freak me out!
Post a Comment