Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful men out there. I feel the influence of men in all of our daily lives. I'm so grateful for a Dad who stuck it through, even when it might have been easier to not be a dad. I didn't live in the same house as my dad growing up, but it was reassuring to know he was there when I needed him. I'm grateful to brothers who influenced me growing up. They taught we all about boys (I had no sisters) and helped me realize what I want in my husband. I'm grateful to a FIL and BIL's who helped my husband become the man he is now. I'm grateful to Grandpas who love my girls and enjoy being with them. I'm grateful to church leaders, friends, and so many others that I can't mention because there are too many. Men are wonderful and the world would not be the same without them.
I'm also grateful for my husband, of course, and since this is my blog, I think he deserves a little time in the spotlight. Marty has an amazing way of balancing so many things in his life. I'm grateful he works so hard for our family and supports us, not only through earning money, but supports us in all we do. He is an involved father and enjoys the time he gets to be with his children. His daughters love him. Yes, they get angry at him and vice-versa but they would not be the same without him and either would I! He is a great example to us!
He teaches us how to have fun and relax.
He teaches us how to work hard and help out.
He teaches us how to provide for our family.
He enjoys celebrating the holidays and doing crafts with his girls.
He is willing to go to "girly" things like Disney on Ice. He's a very good sport about it too.
He helps the girls learn homemaking skills. :)
And of course, he teaches them how to play his favorite sport, baseball! This is just a few of the things he does around here. He's a well-rounded dad!
The best part about being the Bishop, is that he has some say in what happens on Sunday so he canceled some meetings today. He is barely getting home now at 3 pm because he attended the new YSA ward they just started, but it was fun to have him home with us this morning for breakfast and we'll have more time together this evening. He got a new trimmer for his big present since ours broke 2 years ago. He also got a photo collage from Eliza and Brooklyn made him a cute craft at summer camp. He requested we keep today relaxing so we'll just be enjoying some time together as a family. We hope he feels loved!
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Happy Father's Day!
Posted by
Angie
at
2:08:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You got a keeper. It's fun to see Marty with your girls.
So cute! You have a great husband, and you are in every way his equal. Happy Father's day!
Post a Comment