Monday, June 21, 2010

The Princess Festival

Last Tuesday, June 15th, we headed out to Lindon, Utah to attend The Princess Festival. We attended this event last year and had fun so this year we wanted to go again. Brooklyn is a creature of habit so we dressed her up as Snow White again. It's actually the only dress up we have so it worked out perfect. This year we invited some new friends to come with us and we enjoyed our time there.
Brooklyn dressed and ready to go, along with her Strawberry Shortcake books for the car ride.
Eliza was too little to go last year and I wasn't planning on taking her along, but when the babysitter I had planned on asking had a few family emergencies, I decided to take her along. I didn't have to buy her a ticket since she wouldn't participate in any of the activities. She was a pretty good sport, but it would have been better to not have her there so I could help Brooklyn feel more comfortable. I didn't have any other dress up clothes so I just tied a tutu on her outfit and gave her a wand.
Eliza fell asleep on the car ride there.
We were scheduled to attend the 11 am session, but with traffic and construction and leaving a little late, we made it there 10 minutes late. Luckily, they didn't start our session until almost 11:30. The girls were excited when we arrived and waited patiently to begin.
Eliza had no idea what was going on yet.
Maddi and Brooklyn.
The whole gang: Emmi, Abbi, Maddi, Brooklyn and Eliza. The show is about to begin.
Princess Aurora planting a flower. Every year they change the story they are acting out. This year they were trying to save the Seasons, which just so happened to be princesses.
I think kids look so cute when they are watching something intently.
Look at all those pretty princesses in their gowns.
Here is just a few of the princesses and characters involved in the story this year.
Maddi and Mulan. I'm so glad some kids like to interact with the princesses. Last year, they had a witch at the very beginning of the show and this witch really scared Brooklyn so the whole time this year, she kept asking where the witch was and she was terrified to stand near any of the princesses. I had to wonder why I brought Brooklyn, but she had fun....from a distance! And besides that, the whole event is for charity and it's cheaper than Disney Land.
Time to stop and break for lunch. My friend, Tami (the mom to the pink girls) packed a Princess themed lunch for each girl. The girls loved it!
Brooklyn and Eliza posing a picture in the carriage.
We were there for a good 4 hours and then it was time to head home so I could get ready for Book Group at my house. We could have stayed there for several more hours.
This year, they added more characters than I have ever seen. There was a Prince for every Princess. Last year, Brooklyn enjoyed Tinker Bell. This year, they added Peter Pan and Wendy and Brooklyn didn't want anything to do with Tinker Bell. They also added a Treasure Hunt and there were lots of things to do. We made a few crafts as well. We could have stayed for a few more hours, but we needed to leave.

Then on Saturday, our neighbors had a yard sale and we scored several princess dress up clothes for a great deal! I only wish we would have had them before we went to the Festival so Eliza could have dressed up.
Here is Eliza in her Tinker Bell/Belle outfit. Excuse the Youth Conference mess in the background. We leave tomorrow and our house has stuff everywhere!
Look how cute Eliza's feet are in the shoes. She loves walking around in these high heels. :) It's fun to have girls to do all these girly things!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I totally agree, I love having a girl. I can't wait until we can do princess things. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

Liz said...

Wow, that's quite the little princess festival. I would say that is every little girls dream! I'm glad you were able to go and Brooklyn makes a very cute Snow White!

Amy said...

That is awesome! I didn't know they did something that. Holli would of loved that.

The Mom said...

Too cute! How did you find out about this? I remember reading about this last year and thinking I need to find out when it is. Next year, will you give me a shout out? I would love to take Kira!

Holli said...

How fun! I can't wait to take my little princess someday. Your girls are so cute, and I love Eliza in the outfit at the end...so cute!