Saturday, August 7, 2010

Avocados

Avocados are one of my most favorite things! I don't have them nearly as often as I could, but whenever I eat an avocado in any way, it tastes absolutely delightful!
Marty loves avocados as well and so our avocado love has been passed down to our girls. Most people are a little shocked when they see Brooklyn eat an avocado since it's really not a kid-type food, but she loves it! Eliza is proving to be the same way.
These pictures are a couple of months old, but here is Brooklyn "cleaning" out the avocados. We used most of the avocado to make some guacamole, but she wouldn't let any go to waste.
Yum!
Brooklyn could drink the Guacamole we make at our house. She piles her chip high with the stuff and then goes back for more. She doesn't care for restaurant guacamole as much, but still eats more than her share.
Still not letting any go to waste! Man, I wish I had some avocados right now. I'm hungry!

7 comments:

Trista said...

That's awesome! Is she typically a picky eater?

The Mom said...

That is so cute! I love the picture of her scraping out the shells!

I love to see kids eat things that surprise adults. My boys, when they were eating baby food, love the prunes. The looks on people's faces when they would see it was priceless!

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

I LOVE avacados too. I wish my boys did. Jackson only does if it's made into guacamole. What a great thing to find a food that all family members like. Count your blessings! :)

Kelly said...

You may not have avocados, but you have peppers!!! Just kidding. I put mine in the freezer because I don't know what to do with them. I LOVE GUACAMOLE! I could eat it forever. We had this guac in CA that was made with fresh squeezed orange juic instead of lime of lemon. It was heaven!

Liz said...

Oh we love avocados too! It seems like I buy 2 or 3 of them and then 2 days later they are gone. I hate how fast they go, and I also hate that they are pretty expensive. But, I love them. Alex loves the guacamole too, infact I am making some for lunch today, already looking forward to it and it's only 11 a.m.

Vala said...

Yum! Avocados are one of my faves, too! Isaac isn't in love with them yet, but he'll eat a few bites :) That's cute that Brooklyn eats til the last drop!

Holli said...

ha ha ha I just read this entry, and I had to laugh, because of the Bryson's mini party and me getting avacados for the adults...not sure my kids will eat them at all, because I am not sure I have ever been willing to share!