Thursday, August 12, 2010

A few additions

My friend Mindy not only is a great photographer, but also has a great eye for decorating (they must relate somehow). She has a blog called Our Humble Abode where she blogs about all the projects she does around her home. I love to see the magic she can perform in a room, but it also makes me wish I had even a fraction of her ability, motivation and creativity. I'm not saying I lack any decorating talent, but I don't have the motivation most of the time or the funds needed to do what I would like and I am lacking in some of the creativity.
With that being said, I have made a few little improvements around my home. Make sure you look at what I have done before you look at Mindy's blog. :)
Hi, Mindy, since I know your read my blog. :) This wasn't meant to be a shout out to you, but it looks like I just did it! I wish I could hire you to decorate my home, but I know I can't afford you! :) :)

I love vinyl! I honestly didn't know vinyl existed some seven years ago. When we were first married and bought our home, I was decorating things and actually traced a computer font of a saying onto a board and painted it. It's the board I have in my front room. Man, I wish I would have understood vinyl back then because that was a pain to do and it doesn't look anywhere as good as vinyl!
I won a gift certificate off Bargain Divas several months back to Heartfelt Wall Hangings and I finally cashed it in. Marty made us a toy box years ago and I've been wanting to decorate it up a little so I finally did.
Most people probably wouldn't want this saying in their home, but it makes me smile whenever I do laundry!
I've been eying these pillows from IKEA for at least a year. Well, I splurged a little and finally got them for my basement. I love them and they are so soft!
Yep folks, that's it for now. No designer blog in my future, but I love my few additions.

10 comments:

Liz said...

looks great! I know what you mean about wanting to decorate, but not having creativity or funds...it stinks. Good job!

The Mom said...

So cute! It's the little things that make a house a home. And you are doing a great job.

Jessica said...

I love it when just a few little changes can bring a smile.

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

Keep it up. That is more than I've been doing and it looks great. The pillows are so fun!

Alyssa Elledge said...

LOL! I love the laundry quote! Might have to put that on a plaque of my own:) I also love those pillows, saw them the other day at IKEA. You've done a great job, Ms. Decorator!

Mark and Kattie said...

I think everything looks great! I also love adding little things that make a room feel a lot different.

Mindy said...

Angie, you make me laugh. You are creative, and I love your additions... especially the laundry vinyl, that's hilarious! I stink at keeping up on laundry. I need something like that. :) The pillows are so cute!

And happy birthday again!

Jessica said...

Love the laundry quote!!!!

Holli said...

I would love that quote for laundry in my house...I HATE LAUNDRY! Maybe if I could smile more as I did it, it wouldn't be so bad. Do what you can when you can in my mind and eventually your house will look like you want it to.

Kristen said...

I love what you've done. All in time, all in time. That's what I keep telling myself. Then when you finally get it all decorated you're ready for a change and you start over. ;) Love the pillows and I love that laundry quote. I have been looking for one for my new laundry room downstairs and I might need to borrow that one. Who did your vinyl?