I meant to post about my birthday before we left on a family vacation, but I ran out of time. So first I must backtrack a bit before I post about our trip.
My birthday was on Sunday, August 15th. It was a day surrounded by special days for others. On Friday night, we went to the Jordan River Temple to be a part of an endowment session for two members of our ward. It was awesome to be at the temple with them as well a few others from our ward. Saturday afternoon, we were able to spend some time with the same family in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple as they were sealed together, along with their almost one year old son, for eternity! I love attending sealings and I'm entering the age where I don't get to go to as many anymore since my family and friends are mostly married. I love all the things I learn there!
Saturday evening we were invited to a BBQ celebration for this same family, but since my birthday fell on a Sunday, we decided to go out to dinner to celebrate my birthday instead. The girls stayed with grandma and grandpa and we went downtown to have dinner at The Roof. We had a little time to kill before our reservation so we took a tour of the roof on the Conference Center. Wow, that place looks so different from when I last saw it 10 years ago.
So back to The Roof. We decided to go there after signing up for the buy 1 get one free coupon you get during your birthday month. Overall, it was yummy, but there is absolutely no way I would pay for that full price! Just sayin'. And I believe I ate my weight in dessert and left that place completely full. to. the. brim!
Sunday was a day of church and luckily Marty only had two meetings and came home around 2:30. That was a present in and of itself!
We went to dinner at my dad's house at 5 pm. It was delicious and it was nice to not have to make dinner. At 7 pm, we had the family that lives in the valley over for cheesecake or root beer floats. It was fun to finally have a big enough house to hold everyone and I enjoyed visiting with everyone.
I had a few birthday surprises from an sweet visiting teacher and a couple of neighbors. It's always sweet to be thought of by others on your birthday. So thank you!
The Monday and Tuesday that followed, Marty was officiating at a wedding so we spent Monday night at the rehearsal dinner and Tuesday at the wedding. It was an honor to attend the wedding (though I'm not sure if I was really invited). :) Wedding's are such fun events so it was great to attend!
My birthday presents (for my memory's sake): I received mostly money which is great for an "adult" like me so I can pick what I want! I bought some new pants, pajamas, an IPOD dock, and the Hunger Games series. I have a little left to spend at a later time.
It was a great birthday weekend!
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
My Birthday
Posted by
Angie
at
5:48:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Happy Birthday. It sounds like your family took good care of you.
cute pants! I'm glad it was a good birthday!!
Happy Birthday again! I am glad you had a good day. I ate at the roof once, for lunch, and just about died at how expensive a simple salad was. Hooray for coupons!
I love having a birthday in August. It's the best! I'm glad you had a good one!
Post a Comment