Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Skating

Last Monday, we went to my niece, Caitie's, 10th birthday party. It was held at Classic Skating. I'm not much of a skater, but I thought Marty and the girls would have a good time and they did!
The little skates for Brooklyn were so cute!
Marty and Brooklyn took off on their first spin.
It was more like sliding for Brooklyn, but she got better the more she practiced.
They had a great time!
Of course, Eliza got a little jealous so she had to have a turn too. I have no idea how you can possibly skate with a toddler in your arms.
Then I saw someone pushing a stroller while they skated. Luckily enough, I had a stroller in our truck so voila! It worked out great! And we even shared with another little cousin. Everyone was happy!
But that wasn't enough for Eliza. She HAD to try those skates.
And take a spin herself. What fun!
Later, they tried out the razor scooters and really enjoyed those too!

3 comments:

The Mom said...

Looks like a fun time!

Mindy said...

That is so cute! looks like so much fun! I used to pull out the old roller skates and skate in my parents basement. fun times! In elementary school there were skating nights where any kid could pay $1.50 and skate in the gym for 2 hours on friday nights... it was so much fun. we would go home wiped out. :) This is a cute birthday idea.

Trista said...

How fun! We should take our kids.